Mann, Mahle/Clevite, Hengst, Bosch Premium, or Wix? ... Motorcraft is an option too.

Yuk

I can't get a Fram Ultra Synthetic or Mobil One filter for my Jaguar's 4.2L V8.

My options are:
Mann, Mahle/Clevite, Hengst, Bosch Premium, Motorcraft and Wix

What would you choose and why?

I can't get a Fram Ultra Synthetic or Mobil One filter for my Jaguar's 4.2L V8.

My options are:
Mann, Mahle/Clevite, Hengst, Bosch Premium, Motorcraft and Wix

What would you choose and why?
They’re all good filters. Wouldn’t the wix be equal to the Mann?

Reactions: Yuk
Hengst, Mann, Mahle, Motorcraft OE...all quality filters. I use the first three whenever I can. Several of the Mahle filters I've bought recently are China COO though. I have faith in Mahle's quality processes, but still...

Your Jag will be safe with any of those selections… the first 3 are absolutely fine for your application.

Didn’t Mann Hummel acquire wix. I would have thought the quality and build would be similar
Yep. And Purolator is now under the Mann+Hummel umbrella of filter manufacturing. Huge facility just up I-85 from me. HUGE.

For the Jag, any of the Mann, Mahle, Hengst are top notch and basically interchangable with regard to filter quality, efficiency, cost etc. Where do you prefer to source your filters? Big box auto stores are going to limit your choices and probably cost more. Before FCP Euro, I got my Mann VW filters by the 12-pack for cheap on Amazon. And another shameless plug for the folks at FCP, once you get started on their lifetime replacement for routine items, the savings add up. Even with factoring in return shipping. Using what I believe is your car on the part search there revealed a big discount on the Bosch C2D56297 though at $3.89 each for the 4.2 (yes, a spin-on).

I use hengst. By far the closest "OEM+" brand I have found. The quality is exceptional. Above and beyond OEM when looked at side by side, and this includes all their products.

I like the build quality of Bosch after seeing Whip City Wrencher cut one open. Any of these are fine, sort by cheapest and move on with more important things in life.

Yep. And Purolator is now under the Mann+Hummel umbrella of filter manufacturing. Huge facility just up I-85 from me. HUGE.

For the Jag, any of the Mann, Mahle, Hengst are top notch and basically interchangable with regard to filter quality, efficiency, cost etc. Where do you prefer to source your filters? Big box auto stores are going to limit your choices and probably cost more. Before FCP Euro, I got my Mann VW filters by the 12-pack for cheap on Amazon. And another shameless plug for the folks at FCP, once you get started on their lifetime replacement for routine items, the savings add up. Even with factoring in return shipping. Using what I believe is your car on the part search there revealed a big discount on the Bosch C2D56297 though at $3.89 each for the 4.2 (yes, a spin-on).

How did you get the FCP discount on the Bosch filter? Everything I tried only resulted in a $5.59/filter price.

Back