Motorcraft Bosch Mobil

Status
Not open for further replies.
Price shock for Mobil M1-102A filter $15 up from about $10 in a years time. 8.5% inflation should have brought it up to under $11. I use the Mobil, Motorcraft FL-910S or Bosh 3330 filters in my 2013 Fiesta SE hatch. Can't find the Bosch in my town. I do oil analysis at every oil change from brand new and don't see any difference regardless of which filter I use. Maybe I am missing something in the report. Should there be any dofference between these three brands. Mobil 1 5W 20 was about $45 most places. Got it at Wallmart for about $22+ Got a couple of Motorcraft's from Amazon for about $3.50 each.

Would need an ISO 4406 particle count of the UOA to see the effect of the oil filter. It's not included in a standard UOA.

Price shock for Mobil M1-102A filter $15 up from about $10 in a years time. 8.5% inflation should have brought it up to under $11. I use the Mobil, Motorcraft FL-910S or Bosh 3330 filters in my 2013 Fiesta SE hatch. Can't find the Bosch in my town. I do oil analysis at every oil change from brand new and don't see any difference regardless of which filter I use. Maybe I am missing something in the report. Should there be any dofference between these three brands. Mobil 1 5W 20 was about $45 most places. Got it at Wallmart for about $22+ Got a couple of Motorcraft's from Amazon for about $3.50 each.
As noted you won't. Actually you'd likely not notice if the filter element was completely missing.

Official overall/average inflation is based on and calculated using the CPI each month using 80,000 items in a fixed basket of goods and services representing what Americans buy in their everyday lives. It's not based on a few items that jumped well above the average inflation percenrage, like some try to make it out to be.

Official overall/average inflation is based on and calculated using the CPI each month using 80,000 items in a fixed basket of goods and services representing what Americans buy in their everyday lives. It's not based on a few items that jumped well above the average inflation percenrage, like some try to make it out to be.
Groceries definitely went up more than 8.5%

Link ?

It's in the CPI used to determine inflation. It's obviously not the only thing people buy.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back