Does this Motorcraft FL-910S look genuine?

I get not wanting to drive, that's cool. But dang more than twice the price at AZ, whacked. That said, when one uses or must use an AP store, cost is what it is.

As for topic filter, like the 400S and 500S, 'afaik' 910S anecdotes generally been fine. Also as long as clearance permits not a bad filter to grab at WM instead of the more expensive OPE filter for Briggs and Kohler engines on mowers. WM/Amazon price, good value imo.
I get what you are saying but you have to look at more than just the cost of the filter. What is the total cost of ownership. I look at it like my mother who use to coupon shop. She'd spend hours driving around to different stores to save marginal amounts of money. In the end it was more frustrating and probably cost more than shopping at 1 or 2 places.

In my instance, if I drive 10 miles each way that's 20 miles so about 1 gallon of gas @ $2.50/gallon, plus my time and the wear and tear on the vehicle. In the end I rationalized that $6 more was a wash for me. If I needed a few more things from Wally World then it would have made sense.

Just my $0.02

I get what you are saying.....

And I got what you were saying, thus the statement "I get not wanting to drive, that's cool." The rest was focused on AZ getting more than twice the WM (and currently Amazon too) for the same filter. AZ no doubt realizes when folks need a part and they are much more convenient, they can get the price they charge. No judgement was made, or should be inferred beyond that.

I get what you are saying but you have to look at more than just the cost of the filter. What is the total cost of ownership. I look at it like my mother who use to coupon shop. She'd spend hours driving around to different stores to save marginal amounts of money. In the end it was more frustrating and probably cost more than shopping at 1 or 2 places.

In my instance, if I drive 10 miles each way that's 20 miles so about 1 gallon of gas @ $2.50/gallon, plus my time and the wear and tear on the vehicle. In the end I rationalized that $6 more was a wash for me. If I needed a few more things from Wally World then it would have made sense.

Just my $0.02
Old thread that i was reviewing, But I'm shopping for a FL-910s as my New ford is making nasty noises when fully warmed up.
I have been running the 400s as my filter motto is "bigger is better" if the OE filter is hamster size.
My issue may well be horrendous fuel dilution, but I thought I should put the O.E. spec filter on before the motor grenades.

The thought I had about your old comment was, given the criminal price Autozone was charging, I would have bought three
filters at Walmart to make it worthwhile. Easy for me to say as my AZ is if farther than my WM ! Plus I tend to prefer real auto parts stores like NAPA Sanel or Robbins. Box stores get no love from me; Big corporate running over mom and pop and small corporate
makes my world a much worse place.

Carry on! -Ken

Old thread that i was reviewing, But I'm shopping for a FL-910s as my New ford is making nasty noises when fully warmed up.
I have been running the 400s as my filter motto is "bigger is better" if the OE filter is hamster size.
My issue may well be horrendous fuel dilution, but I thought I should put the O.E. spec filter on before the motor grenades.
If you think it fuel dilution, change the oil and see what happens. What viscosity are you running?

If you think it fuel dilution, change the oil and see what happens. What viscosity are you running?
I did. The oil was full of fuel with colorful bubbles on the oil surface in the drain pan . And it appeared again
after only 500 miles. I was running Valvoline Advanced, it now has Castrol Edge
Both are 5W20. It doesn't appear to tolerate the Edge as well as it did the Valvoline.
I would have run Valvoline again, but WM was out at the time of purchase.

I mentioned this to the service writer at FORD, but they blew me off.
So I said, "Well I guess we can wait until it blows, and I have it towed in".
I am really tire at the constant denial from GM and Ford and Honda and Toyota..

Thanks, Ken

Back