Zaino vs Duragloss

Status
Not open for further replies.
I applied the DG 101 to my bike this past weekend and it clearly looks better than any product I've used on my bike so far. I haven't used Zaino on my bike so I can't tell you how these two compare. So far I've used Turtle Wax and several McGuiar's products and the DG blows them away. It even does a nice job of getting rid of the micro spider web scratches. Black is a very unforgiving color and this stuff makes it look like a black mirror!

Last edited:
I have used Zaino but had problems with the batteries, just didn't cut it. Duragloss is good, but left HUGE white streaks on interior seats. Not happy with either. Looking at Malm's, suppoes to 100 percent pure carnuba. Looking for something I can use on paint and seats that won't take too long.

Originally Posted By: bangtango
I have used Zaino but had problems with the batteries, just didn't cut it. Duragloss is good, but left HUGE white streaks on interior seats. Not happy with either. Looking at Malm's, suppoes to 100 percent pure carnuba. Looking for something I can use on paint and seats that won't take too long.

Batteries? White streaks on the INTERIOR seats? What are you waxing in the INTERIOR? Stange post.

I put Mothers Reflections, Reflections with Top Coat,NXT 2.0, 1z Glans, Natty's white, Collinite 476, and Mothers Step 3. The truck is parked outside 24/7 near tress.

Well, the first few weeks, 476 clearly sheeted better than all the others but then they all faced NC pine pollen. Now, there is no obvious difference. I never really did see a visible difference but the sections were like 1 ft wide. I then put a patchwork of the same products on the sides. Again, I saw no real difference in looks or performance. If you stare at the water beating off, an overly enthusiastic person may try to make conclusions but I really could not.

I washed with PB SSS mostly but did use DP Rinseless Wash and Gloss which did improve the beading somewhat across the board.

My guess is the pollen (not like the salt/snow up north) equalized the products to some extent. I will try the test again with larger sections.

I was disappointed in 476 since I expected it to stand out compared to the ones that many write off.

Last edited:
Originally Posted By: MKZman
I put Mothers Reflections, Reflections with Top Coat,NXT 2.0, 1z Glans, Natty's white, Collinite 476, and Mothers Step 3. The truck is parked outside 24/7 near tress.

Well, the first few weeks, 476 clearly sheeted better than all the others but then they all faced NC pine pollen. Now, there is no obvious difference. I never really did see a visible difference but the sections were like 1 ft wide. I then put a patchwork of the same products on the sides. Again, I saw no real difference in looks or performance. If you stare at the water beating off, an overly enthusiastic person may try to make conclusions but I really could not.

I washed with PB SSS mostly but did use DP Rinseless Wash and Gloss which did improve the beading somewhat across the board.

My guess is the pollen (not like the salt/snow up north) equalized the products to some extent. I will try the test again with larger sections.

I was disappointed in 476 since I expected it to stand out compared to the ones that many write off.

It actually sounds like the 476 was better than the others for the first few weeks. Why not do the same comparison using the 476, Zaino, Duragloss, and Klasse. It's probably a safe bet that all 4 of these brands are better than any of the others you used and it would be nice to know how these 4 compare to each other.

Last edited:
Originally Posted By: grampi

It actually sounds like the 476 was better than the others for the first few weeks. Why not do the same comparison using the 476, Zaino, Duragloss, and Klasse. It's probably a safe bet that all 4 of these brands are better than any of the others you used and it would be nice to know how these 4 compare to each other.

Initially 476 sheeted better but that is only one measure of protection. No sections seem to be dead (protection) gone.

My observation is that if 476 cannot beat allegedly lesser products then the difference does not seem to be as great as people claim. I just do not see how people can make such black and white comparisons (this is junk, this is great). I do plan to polish my truck soon to get some swirls out and start again.

For example, there is a post today about Nu Finish by a satisfied user -- a product that many reject. I do not like it for the smell/staining and did not seem to offer much gloss. I believe it is a great paint cleaner and will make any not often maintained vehicle look better than just slapping some expensive wax on a poorly prepared paint surface.

We have no idea on the car (has it been garaged, where is it located, area climate (beach, desert, trees), what is the wash procedures, etc). I have seen some Zaino and Duragloss rave about durability they are applying a detailer or spray wax on a regular basis. This changes the definition of durability.

Last edited:
Originally Posted By: grampi

Initially 476 sheeted better but that is only one measure of protection. No sections seem to be dead (protection) gone.

My observation is that if 476 cannot beat allegedly lesser products then the difference does not seem to be as great as people claim. I just do not see how people can make such black and white comparisons (this is junk, this is great). I do plan to polish my truck soon to get some swirls out and start again.

For example, there is a post today about Nu Finish by a satisfied user -- a product that many reject. I do not like it for the smell/staining and did not seem to offer much gloss. I believe it is a great paint cleaner and will make any not often maintained vehicle look better than just slapping some expensive wax on a poorly prepared paint surface.

We have no idea on the car (has it been garaged, where is it located, area climate (beach, desert, trees), what is the wash procedures, etc). I have seen some Zaino and Duragloss rave about durability they are applying a detailer or spray wax on a regular basis. This changes the definition of durability.

I can't speak for the durability of Duragloss because last weekend was the first time I've used it, but I have personally had Zaino still beading water on one of my vehicles after a year without touch-ups of any kind. I've never seen any other product last that long. As far as looks, none of the "lesser" brands compare to Zaino or Duragloss.

I do plan to test some Duragloss next but Collinite has an equally vocal following. From posts I have seen, Duragloss is known better durability rather looks.

I do plan to test some Duragloss next but Collinite has an equally vocal following. From posts I have seen, Duragloss is known better durability rather looks.

I think you'll be rather pleased with DG's look. It made my bike parts look like black mirrors.

Used some DG 101 on my Dad's 07 Camry with 41k on the clock. Its a med. to darker green metallic color. The car has never been waxed, periodically washed, and garage kept. I figured I better give the car some tlc before its too late.

My previous wax go to was Meg gold class paste wax. I also used some DG shampoo for the 1st time and loved it. I didn't think a shampoo would make a difference but now I'm sold.

The 101 had good cleaning power, I applied it in back and forth motions and did the whole car before removing. I was very impressed with this product. The cleaning power and shine were top notch. The product removed microscratches from the car washes. I just applied it two weeks ago and my dad says after it rains it dries like it was just washed. Good stuff!

Here are some of my observations of Zaino vs Duragloss. I have used both on the same equipment, tractors, SUVS, etc.. Here is what I observed.

1. Zaino is the most reflective and clear of the two. As I looked at our SUVS from different angles and different times of the day, Zaino is more "shiny" or brighter, at the same time, the objects that are close enough to be reflected off the paint are the CLEAREST I've seen since I've been waxing our vehicles. Used Klasse SG, Meg. NXT. Blackfire, etc. Zaino produces clearer optics. Duragloss is close, but Zaino tops it.

2. Duragloss has the "deeper" "wetter" look of the two. When we go to wash our vehicles, we take the hose, and we spray the loose grime with a stream of water. The paint takes on this glimmering, wet look because of the water on top of it. Well, that is the look that Duragloss has. Like the paint is still wet from the hose.

3. Durability. Both products are really GOOD at lasting for months at a time. I rate durability not just on water beading, but also how easily bugs, grime, and dirt are released from the paint surface when I go to clean the vehicles. It seemed to take Zaino a few layers before the protection became really superb versus Duragloss seemingly offering good protection with just one coat. However, once the Zaino was built up with a few layers, the ease of removing bugs from the front of the SUVS, along with the brake dust from the wheels became easier than with Duragloss.

4. On the different pieces of single stage paint that are on our equipment, Zaino looks nicer than Duragloss. What I mean is that Zaino almost seems to soak into the paint and make it more intense and vibrant. The black wiper blade arms on our SUVs became blacker and shinier. The gray painted frames of our Kubota tractors became darker gray, looked richer, and felt smoother. I applied Zaino to the black running boards on my SUV, and since our dad doesn't always see my vehicle, the next time he was standing in the garage he noticed the running boards, and I COULD NOT convince him that I hadn't repainted them. Now, I applied Duragloss to all the same pieces of paint, and while it made them nice and shiny, and protected from the elements, Duragloss does not produce the same richness of color. Now, if the paint was severly faded and neglected, I don't think Zaino could restore it. There are limitations to what it can do, but it works wonderfully well on paint in decent condition.

5. In the same way that it works well on single stage paint, Zaino also does well on the plastic pieces of our equipment, taillights, headlights, turn signals, smooth black plastic trim, etc.. Again, I tried Duragloss on the same pieces, and it just didn't produce the same color richness that Zaino does. For example, on the SUVs taillights, after appling Zaino, they appear to be deeper red and shiny. Black plastic is now blacker.

The only way you can determine if you like one product better than another is to try both,and see for yourself. Having said that, You can't go wrong with either choice. Both Zaino and Duragloss are high quality, effective products that protect your paint and last for a long time. They each have different characteristics and traits, but in the end, they are both very, very good.

You put Zaino on a tractor? You need to send pics of that to Sal, I'd bet he would put them on the Zaino website.

I did a similar comparison last year using Duragloss 105, Klasse AIO, Nufinish and turtlewax t-6. Klasse was finished after less then 2 months then DG about 1 month later. Nufinish and turtlewax held up better then both, hard to call between TW and NF. I did not use 601 before applying 105 since they are all cleaner waxes it would be unfair to prep only 1 product. To level the playing field all products would need a similar level of prep before application of wax or sealant to be fair.

Depending on the color of vehicle each is applied to there is a noticeable difference. I just compared aquawax and nufinish cling. On a dark colored car I cannot tell visually where the aquawax was applied but the cling is easily visible even after heavy rains. The aquawax is definately smoother to the touch and both are beading water equally well so far.

If anyone would like some Klasse AIO or a few DG products and happen to be in the NENC area let me know. I have no complaints with the $2.50 per 20oz bottle of turtlewax T-6 or Nufinish so I don't need them.

njohnson

The one thing about DG I liked over Zaino is the fact that it's a cleaner wax, which means it has some polish in it. On my black motorcycle this is important because if a breeze blows a piece of dust across a painted area of my bike it leaves some type of micro spider web scratches. It's absolutely incredible how black shows literally everything. The DG does an excellent job of removing these scratches. Other paint care products that don't have polish in them don't remove these marks. They basically just leave a protective coat over them. DG is the only product I've used so far that gets rid of these marks AND leaves a mirror-like wet look shine.

Grampi,

Yes the polishing results were excellent. No need to really rub in in either. All I did was apply it and the spiderwebbing was gone.

I did find it a little difficult to remove but this maybe because it was old product from the parts store. The other DG products they had looked very old. The 101 was separated so I shook it up real well. There was also a brochure inside the box and it didn't even have 105 or AW listed on the brochure.

ZAIO is a cleaner wax as well-with mild corrective ability.
Did anyone mention that Zaino has released a MF towel?

Originally Posted By: satinsilver
Grampi,

Yes the polishing results were excellent. No need to really rub in in either. All I did was apply it and the spiderwebbing was gone.

Many products have ingredients to hide swirls without physically removing them. The cleaner may "round the edges" filling properties to reduce their appearance.

Last edited:
Need more details to help me decide which to order.

Does Duragloss 105 applied on top of DG601 really form a bond as well as Zaino Z-2, Z-3 etc. mixed with ZFX?

Originally Posted By: wannafbody
ZAIO is a cleaner wax as well-with mild corrective ability.
Did anyone mention that Zaino has released a MF towel?

Unless Zaino has released a new product that I'm unware of, their products do not have cleaners or polishes in them. None of their products have had cleaners in them that I'm aware of.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back