Zaino vs Duragloss

Status
Not open for further replies.
Originally Posted By: MKZman
Originally Posted By: satinsilver
Grampi,

Yes the polishing results were excellent. No need to really rub in in either. All I did was apply it and the spiderwebbing was gone.

Many products have ingredients to hide swirls without physically removing them. The cleaner may "round the edges" filling properties to reduce their appearance.

I don't really care how Duragloss does what it does. All I know is it works. That's all I care about.

Originally Posted By: ron350
Need more details to help me decide which to order.

Does Duragloss 105 applied on top of DG601 really form a bond as well as Zaino Z-2, Z-3 etc. mixed with ZFX?

That seems to be the $64,000 question.

Originally Posted By: grampi
Originally Posted By: wannafbody
ZAIO is a cleaner wax as well-with mild corrective ability.
Did anyone mention that Zaino has released a MF towel?

Unless Zaino has released a new product that I'm unware of, their products do not have cleaners or polishes in them. None of their products have had cleaners in them that I'm aware of.

Zaino has two paint polishing/cleaning products:

ZPC Fusion - A light-medium paint polish that removes swirl marks, oxidation, etc. Has no protective ability.

ZAIO All In One - A true one-step product that cleans, lightly polishes and protects paint. Fantastic paint cleaner, leaves a coat of polymer protection. Great for someone who wants a simple, one-step product combined with Zaino shine and durability. Can be topped with any Zaino sealant.

Originally Posted By: bretfraz
ZAIO is a cleaner wax as well-with mild corrective ability.
Did anyone mention that Zaino has released a MF towel?

Unless Zaino has released a new product that I'm unware of, their products do not have cleaners or polishes in them. None of their products have had cleaners in them that I'm aware of.

Zaino has two paint polishing/cleaning products:

ZPC Fusion - A light-medium paint polish that removes swirl marks, oxidation, etc. Has no protective ability.

ZAIO All In One - A true one-step product that cleans, lightly polishes and protects paint. Fantastic paint cleaner, leaves a coat of polymer protection. Great for someone who wants a simple, one-step product combined with Zaino shine and durability. Can be topped with any Zaino sealant.

I'm gonna try the All In One.

Just ordered a bottle of the All In One and will see how it compares the DG 101.

Just ordered a bottle of the All In One and will see how it compares the DG 101.

ZAIO and Z8 are the perfect left, right knockout punch.

ZAIO and Z8 are the perfect left, right knockout punch.

I wanted to do a completely apples to apples comparison and comparing the DG 101 to the Zaino All In One is just that. Both are a cleaner wax and neither require the use of any other products to finish the process. I can already tell you the DG has a huge edge in cost ($9.99 compared to Zaino at $36.90 including shipping). At nearly 4 times the cost Zaino better do something pretty amazing.

The thing about Zaino is you don't buy just one product. You place a large enough order so that the shipping costs don't kill you. Hope you ordered a Zaino MF towel. They are so soft you'll be tempted to use it as a washcloth.

The thing about Zaino is you don't buy just one product. You place a large enough order so that the shipping costs don't kill you. Hope you ordered a Zaino MF towel. They are so soft you'll be tempted to use it as a washcloth.

Unfortunately I didn't. I already have a ton of MF towels. Even without the shipping cost Zaino is still 3 times as much as the DG. Considering how well the DG works it's gonna be a tough act for the Zaino to live up to its huge difference in price.

Grampi,

I agree with you in that Zaino is more than Duragloss, but I don't think it works out to be 3 times as much, because we have to look at how much we get. DG 101 comes in a 8 oz. bottle, whereas, Zaino AIO comes in a 16 oz. bottle.

Originally Posted By: njohnson
Grampi,

I agree with you in that Zaino is more than Duragloss, but I don't think it works out to be 3 times as much, because we have to look at how much we get. DG 101 comes in a 8 oz. bottle, whereas, Zaino AIO comes in a 16 oz. bottle.

You're right. I missed that. That makes the Zaino only slightly more expensive than the DG. My Zaino is due to arrive today and I'll try it out this weekend.

Ugh!!! I just found out the UPS driver that was supposed to deliver my Zaino today lied!!!!! I looked up the tracking status of my package and it says "package could not be delivered because receiver is on holiday." He never attempted to deliver it because I have all my packages delivered to my work address, which is manned 24/7, even on holidays. This means I won't get my Zaino now until next week, which also means I'll have to wait 2 more weeks to try it out. He just didn't want to make the delivery today. Probably had some plans for after work today and he wanted to get off early. I sent UPS customer service an email and let them know. I hope he gets busted!

I can now officially say I like Duragloss 101 better than Zaino All In One. The Zaino doesn't look any better than the DG, in fact it may not look as good, and the Zaino is MUCH harder to wipe off. It leaves a cloudy look that takes A LOT of buffing to get rid of. The DG goes on easy, wipes off easy, and looks dam good. I'm sticking with the DG.

I can now officially say I like Duragloss 101 better than Zaino All In One. The Zaino doesn't look any better than the DG, in fact it may not look as good, and the Zaino is MUCH harder to wipe off. It leaves a cloudy look that takes A LOT of buffing to get rid of. The DG goes on easy, wipes off easy, and looks dam good. I'm sticking with the DG.

Yep, the Duragloss is good stuff.
grin2.gif

Sounds like you should have tried the z2pro instead of the AIO. The AIO is not designed for looks. It is designed for protection and durability.

Z2pro on the other hand is designed shine and goes on and off with total ease. You can't hardly tell it has been applied until you wipe it off and the car just instantly pops.

Originally Posted By: badtlc

Sounds like you should have tried the z2pro instead of the AIO. The AIO is not designed for looks. It is designed for protection and durability.

Z2pro on the other hand is designed shine and goes on and off with total ease. You can't hardly tell it has been applied until you wipe it off and the car just instantly pops.

I don't know if I can justify trying it. I'm completely happy with Duragloss and I can't see anything looking looking better. It really does provide a show quality shine.

I don't know if I can justify trying it. I'm completely happy with Duragloss and I can't see anything looking looking better. It really does provide a show quality shine.

That is fine. I just didn't want you have an incorrect notion on what Zaino's AIO was supposed to provide. It is NOT a show-quality product like most of their stuff.

Although I've never tried DG101, I have used 105 as well as Zaino and like them both. Based on your description - I would hazard a guess that you put the ZAIO on too thick. I've done it -it really takes some practice to master the thinner is better technique with Zaino's products. If you like the 101 - great and more power to you!

Last edited:

That is fine. I just didn't want you have an incorrect notion on what Zaino's AIO was supposed to provide. It is NOT a show-quality product like most of their stuff.

The reason I compared the AIO to the DG 101 is because they're both cleaner waxes; kind of an apples to apples comparison if you will. Whether or not these two are supposed to be comparible, the DG wins this comparo hands down. How the DG compares to other Zaino products I don't know because I haven't used any of their recent products except the AIO. I've used other Zaino products years ago and I think the DG looks every bit as good as they did and maybe even better.

It sounds as if you used too much ZAIO. The secret with Zaino is less is more. 1/2 ounce should do a complete car. The Zaino polymers are clear. Any cloudiness you are seeing is from solvents and will disapear after the next wash.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back