YouTube Sickness

Yeah that will ruin you fast.
If you get it really bad how many hours does it mess you up?
I try to sleep it off, if I can take like a 1-2 hour nap itā€™ll ā€œresetā€ everything and Iā€™ll feel better. Otherwise Iā€™m feeling it for 5-6 hours if itā€™s super bad, but it tapers off a little after an hour or 2.

Same hereā€¦. I canā€™t read a book or play on my phone in a car either without the same thing happening. If I sit there and look through the windshield Iā€™m okay.
I used to be that way, haven't tried in a couple of decades to see if I've gotten better.

On the flip side, since my wife can read while being a passenger, it's usually "my job" to drive. With one small perk: we usually get there quicker. ;)

I used to be that way, haven't tried in a couple of decades to see if I've gotten better.

On the flip side, since my wife can read while being a passenger, it's usually "my job" to drive. With one small perk: we usually get there quicker. ;)
Once I crossed Lake Michigan in a commuter aircraft during a heavy storm, generally that was about a 20 minute trip but this time it took over 45 minutes. I have never been that airsick, it was so bad I could hardly function afterwards. However, there was a guy in front of me reading the newspaper the entire trip and appeared to be completely unaffected by the fairly violent maneuvers of the aircraft.

That was 20 years ago and I can make myself nauseous now just thinking about it.

I watched about 45 seconds of a video this morning and the guy was shaking the camcorder and that put me into a nausea funk for hours.
I can't handle that. Anyone else?
Ryan Hall the YouTube weather guy cannot hold a map still for more than a couple seconds. It gives me motion sickness.

Im usually good but one video from south main almost caused me to fall off my treadmill. Pine hollow is the best, he can drive with a third eye and have the camera full on the diagnostic tools and not crash........

That was 20 years ago and I can make myself nauseous now just thinking about it.
I remember as a kid I could get onto a swing set and swing for an hour. Now I think I do about 2 minutes and I'm done. Maybe it's some thing where if you do something often, you acclimate--or maybe, if you don't for long enough, you lose the ability altogether?

Happened to me when friend lost control of a flight simulator at the museum. I felt hungover for 3 days.

Back in my days producing video, I did a series for a motivational youth speaker who wanted to do a series of Rick Mercer-style rants and I was shocked at how poorly I kept the camera stable. I really had to work at it; and ended up rigging up a (very) poor man's Steadi-Cam (tm) using a sawed off tripod, a dumbbell weight and a comical amount of duct tape. One of my intermediary experiments - a complete failure - involved putting dolly wheels under a tripod and rollin' 'er along the concrete pavement. That experiment was one that would give you a headache in under 90 seconds.

Back