Your favorite washer fluid

That kind can cause issues with the VWs and the sensor in the tank, a pretty well known problem.
It affects dodges too. My 2008 Ram 2500 will say my wiper fluid tank is m/t when the weather turns cold!

It affects dodges too. My 2008 Ram 2500 will say my wiper fluid tank is m/t when the weather turns cold!
The orange Rain-X is notorious in the online VW forum world for it. I used to use it all the time in my older VW Jetta but stopped with my new crop of 'dubs.

Adams...it's the only one that's colorless and that's what I'm after so it doesn't streak all over the A-pillars, especially on a white vehicle.

In my experience, they all work the same. It's just marketing, colored water, chemicals, and methanol. There isn't enough time for the washer fluid to break down medium to small bug remains and smears in the short moment it's sprayed onto the glass and the wiper squeegees it off. Unless you run the washers for a minute, but then I'm sure any fluid would work.

I drove through a swampy forested area at night a few weeks ago for about 4 hours combined and my vehicle was heavily covered in bugs. The wipers did Ok but the windshield still looked horrible with smears, medium, and large splats. I ran out of fluid and I was using the specialized green RainX bug wash. I prefer any RainX with methanol because methanol evaporates quickly and the RainX coating make a big difference.

Whatever is on sale when I need. I do buy the pink bug wash in the summer, bc my highway commuting makes a mess of the windsheild; and the cheapest -45 stuff I can in the winter to keep the glass ice free. All this to say I don’t buy much ‘plain blue’ washer fluid.

it’s hard to beat the orange or purple rain x depending on the season. The purple works well to get through a thin layer of frost on real cold mornings.

I basically have to use the BMW stuff as the underhood temps get too high.

Orange RainX. I always give the window a few squirts right as it starts to rain. The water beading helps with visibility a lot.
+1 - I use the -20°F stuff year round. It does a better job of removing bugs than any other fluid I have tried and beads water really well.

Bought nexzett on amazon on a whim because it was super cheap. Been very impressed. Even thinking of having it analyzed to try and see what makes it so good.

Back