Your Favorite Steak Sauce - A1 or 57

Status
Not open for further replies.
Whats your favorite Steak Sauce? The ever popular A1 or Heinz 57? Or another store boughten brand.

I rarely use steak sauce but I like A1 with meat loaf. Do not like anything with a good steak.

When in Canada, it's HP. Her Majesty's sauce.

EC0A9A84-E043-418B-82FB-C46358BCF7D5.jpeg

No, Heinz Ketchup is a different product. The Heinz 57 I have also includes a shot of Lea & Perrins. It is named "steak sauce".

Just did a Ribeye last night med rare with melted cream Gorgonzola cheese about the only thing I'll put on a steak if I'm grilling you ain't gonna want no sauce. Just always seems like your trying to cover something up or just clueless how to grill a steak.

Sure, why not? Some people like it well done with ketchup. No accounting for taste in this world.

Prime steak is what you bring to a Newfies house so there is more lobster for the CFA … ðŸ

Seldom use sauce on a good steak but occasionally throw it on a baked potato. in lieu of butter or sour cream. Not a big fan of 57 but at least it's unique. Most others are interchangeable.

My steaks don't need no stinking sauce …
Worcestershire is for tomato juice engaging in Russian collusion … 💂ðŸ»â€â™€ï¸

Originally Posted by atikovi
Don't think I've had a steak since the local Ponderosa closed in the 80's.

Oh no, that means you have never had a good steak.

Originally Posted by aquariuscsm
On a really good steak I use no sauce at all,only au jus. But of the two,A1.
X2....I like the A1 flavor but steak sauce is for a misteak.

Originally Posted by Bud

At 5 bucks it was good enough and the unlimited salad bar that came with it was nice too. Unusual factoid. Which state has the most remaining Ponderosa restaurants? Puerto Rico. Yes not a state, but has 19 branches. #2 is Indiana with 11. What about PR that it would do so well there as opposed to say, TX which has none?

Originally Posted by Bud
I rarely use steak sauce but I like A1 with meat loaf. Do not like anything with a good steak.

I agree, a good steak doesn't need any sauce. But if it needs some help, I prefer 57 over A1.

Originally Posted by Bud

At 5 bucks it was good enough and the unlimited salad bar that came with it was nice too. Unusual factoid. Which state has the most remaining Ponderosa restaurants? Puerto Rico. Yes not a state, but has 19 branches. #2 is Indiana with 11. What about PR that it would do so well there as opposed to say, TX which has none?

They would likely not do that well here … there is already GC, Saltgrass, Texas RH, plenty mom & pop steak joints … and lots of upscale steak houses.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back