You know you live in a redneck town when...

Snapped these photos at the filling station on my way to work this morning.

While a bit humorous, it is also distrurbing that he was so overloaded and had no wagon brakes or lights.

1617292576250.jpg

1617292634239.jpg

1617292757677.jpg

Man those A bodies run forever. I still see them around all the time...they haven't been made in 25 years and I think even longer for the wagon.

I once saw a tandem axel 24 foot cabin cruiser towed behind a Chevette.

We also towed a 50 or 60 foot house trailer to the lake behind a 67 Chevrolet with 292 six or maybe 283, this was 50 years ago so I can not remember. Do remember the granny gear 4 speed. We towed at night on gravel roads to avoid the police. Had to stop every few miles to let it cool. Open hood and spray radiator with water from pump up sprayer. When we got to the lake the sun was just peaking over the horizon. Smell of brakes and clutch. Good times.

That old truck ran many more years.

Rod

Last edited:
I remember when I had an 86 2 door ciera s. A boat salesman telling me I could pull a 19ft Galaxy fiberglass boat, no problem. I acted like I did not know any better. I almost lost it , I wanted to laugh so bad.

I cant believe he made it to the gas station without getting pulled over. At first I thought he had a high tongue weight till I saw it was a 4 wheeler being held on with a bolt.

Reactions: JC1
Yup grain trailer.

All the sag in the back s from whats inside the rig - there is no tongue weight aside that of the bar not that thats any better its still way more than should be hitched up.

The gravity box (farmers will know what I'm talking about) was overflow for all the stuff he had in the car. When the car gets full, just pull the rest behind you!

Just wondering if anyone has had any experience backing one of those wagons up that have there own steering?
Yes hundreds or thousands of times. The fun begins trying to back two of them up. You try very hard never to get into that situation, but sometimes you can't avoid it.

Looks like a helluva road trip. If that was anything more than a cross-town trip, I have my doubts that they made it to their destination without:

1. The transmission giving them the ol' middle finger, or 2. The cops forcing them to make other arrangements for the grain trailer.

Yup grain trailer.

All the sag in the back s from whats inside the rig - there is no tongue weight aside that of the bar not that thats any better its still way more than should be hitched up.
Yep … there are liquid haulers framed the same … we used to pin or un pin as needed

April Fools!? Looks like the car has lots of weight anyways, I wonder how far he is going like that? I suppose if you kept to tractor speeds it would be able to stop as well as a smaller tractor... More than a few tractors used to tow stuff like that with one "good" brake on a back wheel. I was on top of a big wagon load of hay once towed behind the tractor and when the guy was trying to slow down for a downhill corner it kept locking one wheel up on pavement... The next load we did was a couple layers smaller and we went a lot slower...

If you can back one of these up any more than a few ft and any faster than your 1 year old can crawl I have tremendous respect for your abilities. If they start to turn there is no getting them back straight without unhooking or pulling forward.

Just wondering if anyone has had any experience backing one of those wagons up that have there own steering?
I've backed swivel tongue hay wagons. Had to constantly remind myself to make the tractor turn the tongue of the trailer, like I would by hand.

Back