Makin' Mr. Foxworthy Proud(TRUE STORY)

Status
Not open for further replies.
The other day I was headed down the highway on my way home from work. My radio was blastin', the cruise control was set, & my mind was already in it's happy place at home. I was in the hammer lane & directly next to me was a big rig. As I looked down the road I noticed that traffic was stopping. Without missing a beat I reached over & turned down the radio, then cracked my passenger's side window just so I could here that big rig kick on his Jake Brake. Sure enough, BRRRRRRRT, BRRRRT, he lays on her. Seconds later I thought to myself...

YOU MIGHT BE A REDNECK IF...
you turn down the radio just to here the trucker next to you hit the Jake Brake.

Not to mention...

if you even know what a Jake Brake is!!!

You need to stay at the motel (dunno the name) on the Hume Highway in Albury NSW, just on the city limits.

You can hear them all night.

P.S. don't stay at Santuary Inn in Wodonga, unless you want to become a parent.

quote:

Originally posted by rpwilliams:
Not to mention...

if you even know what a Jake Brake is!!!

Uhhh, my grandfather was was truck driver, my dad is a retired truck driver (yes, you can retire and get a pension from driving truck), and my brother is a truck driver. The truck in the station that I work in has a Jake Brake. I am not a redneck, usually
wink.gif

Love to hear Jake Brakes. Also like to roll the window down to hear Harleys. My dad would stick his head out the car window to listen to a harley go by.
grin.gif

quote:

Love to hear Jake Brakes. Also like to roll the window down to hear Harleys. My dad would stick his head out the car window to listen to a harley go by.

I like the sound of Harleys but I just can't bring myself to fork out that kind of dough for a bike. I've got two japanese street bikes & a swede dirt bike of which I paid less for them combined than most folks drop on a single Harley. Not to mention all three of those bikes are less than four years old.

I've got 3" drag pipes on my cruiser that are far beyond illegal when it comes to noise. I've been told by 30-40 year riders that it is the loudest bike they have ever heard. That makes me so proud
grin.gif

The other day I rolled down the window to hear a new Vette as in the just out ones and wasn't much to hear
frown.gif
. When I was younger I knew a kid with a diesel Ford with glasspacks on it, always knew when he was around
dunno.gif
. Couldn't mistake that sound for anything else, it was a stick too and sounded particularly interesting when he dropped it down a gear even without a compression brake.

A friend of mine has a mid '80s Ford with a non-turbo 6.9l diesel that has no exhaust past the header pipes. He drives that thing around like a NASCAR & you can hear it for miles. Not to mention that the fuel is turned up so high that when he mashes the pedal you can't see anything either.

Not that any of you seem to care, but there are people that like peace and quiet. I guess in your eyes they are dirt, with no rights at all.

You can't be a redneck if you have electric windows in your vehicle that work. That's strictly forbidden by the redneck constitution.
grin.gif

Dan

quote:

Originally posted by MolaKule:

quote:

P.S. don't stay at Santuary Inn in Wodonga, unless you want to become a parent.

Personal experience or admission or both?
biggthumbcoffe.gif

Personal experience there Molakule...was a rather entertaining story if you are in to heavy metal.

quote:

Not that any of you seem to care, but there are people that like peace and quiet. I guess in your eyes they are dirt, with no rights at all.

You have all the rights that your country allows. Whether you utilize those rights is up to you. If you complain often enough to the right authorities, then maybe you will get a "NO ENGINE BRAKE" sign in your fair city, and a police officer who will actually take the time to pull over pricks like me with loud pipes on my bike. If you don't speak up, you won't be heard. Hopefully, when you do speak up, myself, or someone like me, will be passing by to drown you out.
grin.gif

quote:

Originally posted by rpwilliams:

quote:

You have all the rights that your country allows. Whether you utilize those rights is up to you. If you complain often enough to the right authorities, then maybe you will get a "NO ENGINE BRAKE" sign in your fair city, and a police officer who will actually take the time to pull over pricks like me with loud pipes on my bike. If you don't speak up, you won't be heard. Hopefully, when you do speak up, myself, or someone like me, will be passing by to drown you out.
grin.gif

Long before the sign ever went up or a cop pulled you over to ticket you, I would pull you over myself, snatch you out of the car, and give you the spanking you so richly deserve for your immature behavior.
grin.gif

Dan

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back