yokos or kumo for ch. blazer

Status
Not open for further replies.
I need new tires come winter. Been reading threads and it appears these would be 2 pretty good choices for me. Drive 40k per year. No offroading. 35% highway, 35% blacktop, 30% small city driving, some gravel. All season here in Illinois. I would like them to last 2 years.
Thoughts

I would go with Yokohama instead of Kumho based on my previous experience with both brands, not only do Yokos offer better performance over Kumho, somehow they can also take way more abuse, this is my opinion.

A friend has Yoko Geolandar HTS G-051's on his Tahoe. He drove them in snow last year and said they performed pretty close to his previous Michelin Cross Terrain's. He feels they're a notch below the C/T's in most categories but the price advantage makes up the diff.

The G-051 has a 60K treadlife warranty. Will you get 80K out of them? Dunno but it sounds like a stretch.

The only comparable Kumho is the Venture HT. I've bought a bunch of these recently and installed them on service trucks. So far they're wearing very well. They offer up a softer ride than other tires like it. Dunno how well they do in snow so I'd ask local dealers if they feel this tire is a good choice for winter driving. Kumho does not offer a treadlife warranty on this tire.

The only tire I can think of that will meet your requirements is the Michelin LTX M/S. Expensive, but if they do what you want them to......

For a blazer i would stay away form Khumo's, and actually i would get Toyo's, ahve heard mostly good about Yokos, but think the Toyos are even better.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back