YMMV Mobil 1 European 5w-40 5 qt 3 pack $24.47 at select Walmart stores

So here's what I figured out last night. I saw the alert on SD and was coming here to let you know. Best bet is to find a store around you that has the $24 price, if you are lucky enough to have one. In the Philly area, I did not, but my Dad in Delaware had two stores near him with the discounted price, so I had 4 cases shipped to him. I think it's next day delivery, and where many of the pack of 3 for the price of 1 deals in the past were description or SKU errors where it was a single bottle listed as a 3 pack, this appears to be legit.

I moved one store over and it worked this time. Ordered 3 to play their game. Hopefully goes better than their 12 pack

Like a moth to the flame, I went back to the website considering placing a second order. It now says out of stock. WM says my order will be shipped (not delivered from local store) arriving Wednesday. We shall see.

I also notice none of the stores near me have inventory. This supports it being an actual case of three, since the stores only have jugs as singles.

They must have an algorithm that detects bitoger traffic to identify pricing errors. "If that guy is buying oil, it must be an error. Shut it down."

Last edited:
Just got two shipping notices from Walmart for the QTY 2 order. No shipping weight but I think it is promising it will be the case of 3ea. Being shipped from Bensalem PA to my Delaware address.

Just got two shipping notices from Walmart for the QTY 2 order. No shipping weight but I think it is promising it will be the case of 3ea. Being shipped from Bensalem PA to my Delaware address.
Interesting where in DE? The shipments I sent to my dad in Newark, de are coming from Bethlehem, pA

Looks like it worked for me /

o.jpg

Mine now lists as three separate fedex packages, 30 pounds each. Arriving tomorrow. Good sign.

45 quarts for $77.30 isn't a bad deal. ($1.72 a quart). Thanks for the deal alert BITOG.

Last edited:
I got my ship notification as well. This is not ship from store. I went back to try and get more as well but see it is out of stock. Oh well the 3 I ordered will work nicely. I'm 99% sure at this point it is going to come as we all had hoped.

Interesting where in DE? The shipments I sent to my dad in Newark, de are coming from Bethlehem, pA
Did you get your shipments yet and was it all 3ea case qty?

I got a FedEx delayed notice for the shipping tag being unreadable and they have to reprint it. Shipping weight is only showing 10lbs which may only be one bottle if that is the case.

Did you get your shipments yet and was it all 3ea case qty?

I got a FedEx delayed notice for the shipping tag being unreadable and they have to reprint it. Shipping weight is only showing 10lbs which may only be one bottle if that is the case.
I can't track any of my 4 shipments. They all say Deliver via LMD_SAMEDAY. I don't know what that is.

I did notice that these were sold and shipped by Walmart, so I thought that maybe Walmart starting building their own shipping fleet like Amazon. Is that possible? I don't know what to make of it. My orders have shipped as of yesterday but that's all I know. Typically they would get delivered by fedex.

1712097184264.jpg

I can't track any of my 4 shipments. They all say Deliver via LMD_SAMEDAY. I don't know what that is.

I did notice that these were sold and shipped by Walmart, so I thought that maybe Walmart starting building their own shipping fleet like Amazon. Is that possible? I don't know what to make of it. My orders have shipped as of yesterday but that's all I know. Typically they would get delivered by fedex.

View attachment 211904
Walmart sometimes uses smaller carriers in addition to USPS/FedEx I haven't seen them do it as much since they started doing the deliveries from the store using doordash but they must still do it when stuff ships from a regional warehouse in some areas.

View attachment 211904
My two packages showed the same "LMD_SAMEDAY" thing also. I believe at some point these are dumped on FedEx for the "LMD" (Last Mile Delivery) part.

I only received notification of the FedEx part because I have a active FedEx account that will automatically send me notice when something shows up in their FedEx system that is addressed to me.

Screenshot_20240402_184809_FedEx.jpg
Screenshot_20240402_184850_FedEx.jpg

My two packages showed the same "LMD_SAMEDAY" thing also. I believe at some point these are dumped on FedEx for the "LMD" (Last Mile Delivery) part.

I only received notification of the FedEx part because I have a active FedEx account that will automatically send me notice when something shows up in their FedEx system that is addressed to me.
yeah i am signed up for that stuff too, but this is being Delivered to my parents' house and not mine.

Back