3 pack Castrol 5w-40 good deal

For me this was the best oil deal since...
View attachment 192367
Still using up the last jug, but have two rolls of shop towels left!

However, just before that deal was the 3-5qt pack of Mobil1 for .99 cents. Truly ridiculous, plus there was a MIR at that time (fall 2021 I think). So much free and even better than free oil, in various grades. I’m still giving it away to family. That will probably never be topped. I think I got like 20 something jugs.

Yes, the Mobil 1 Meltdown at Walmart back in 2021 is tough to beat.

Attachments

• Screenshot_20231211_085557_Walmart.jpg
    Screenshot_20231211_085557_Walmart.jpg
    59.2 KB · Views: 72
Got the last 3 jugs today, not a case pack but just in a Walmart box. Sweet deal on these as I scored 6 jugs.

I missed out on this. I do think it was a listing error. The price for 3 was pretty much exactly what 1 jug should cost. Not saying I wouldn't have bought it because in 100% would have. Walmart has removed the listing. I think that speaks volumes.

I am going to use this in my Frontier which takes 5.4 quarts. What should I use for the partial quart topper? It specs 5w-30 and I am sticking to a 5000 OCI.

I likely have enough 0w20 left for one change - I think its a mix of PuP and M1EP left over from my Toyota oil changes.

I have a jug of 0w-16 I bought for my Toyota a couple years ago, but will likely never use. I was going to give it away / dispose of it. I could use it for a topper. I would end up with something like xW-38. Or should I not mix ILSAC GF6A with 6B?

I have some various quarts of 5w-30 I think.

I could obviously crack one bottle and use it to top the rest.

Thoughts?

I am going to use this in my Frontier which takes 5.4 quarts. What should I use for the partial quart topper? It specs 5w-30 and I am sticking to a 5000 OCI.

I likely have enough 0w20 left for one change - I think its a mix of PuP and M1EP left over from my Toyota oil changes.

I have a jug of 0w-16 I bought for my Toyota a couple years ago, but will likely never use. I was going to give it away / dispose of it. I could use it for a topper. I would end up with something like xW-38. Or should I not mix ILSAC GF6A with 6B?

I have some various quarts of 5w-30 I think.

I could obviously crack one bottle and use it to top the rest.

Thoughts?
when topping off, keep your oil level full (don't wait till it is at the low mark to add), and depending on how much oil your engine is burning, it might be irrelevant which oil weight you use...I would recommend 30 or higher weights due to the OEM recommendation but I doubt a 20 weight will harm anything, oil is better than no oil.

when topping off, keep your oil level full (don't wait till it is at the low mark to add), and depending on how much oil your engine is burning, it might be irrelevant which oil weight you use...I would recommend 30 or higher weights due to the OEM recommendation but I doubt a 20 weight will harm anything, oil is better than no oil.
I was refering to the 0.4 quarts - ie it uses 5.4 quarts to fill. I don't know what to call that other than a topper, sorry for the confusion.

I am topping the 5W-40 Castrol Edge euro that this thread is about. Factory spec is 5w-30. So I don't think topping a 40 with a 16 even in this case would bring me below factory viscosity - no?

I check my oil often - not sure why, it uses none :)

I was refering to the 0.4 quarts - ie it uses 5.4 quarts to fill. I don't know what to call that other than a topper, sorry for the confusion.

I am topping the 5W-40 Castrol Edge euro that this thread is about. Factory spec is 5w-30. So I don't think topping a 40 with a 16 even in this case would bring me below factory viscosity - no?

I check my oil often - not sure why, it uses none :)
You're all good. 5W-40 will work fine for you

I got all 9 of mine. Last three came from NJ……

Ontrac is not great but it works….Wife didn’t like that the final driver couldn’t speak English……

Back