Walmart Mobil1 EP HM 5w-30 $19.99 free shipping

Never mind went to check out and I get out of stock
Screenshot_20240318_193958_Walmart.jpg

UPDATE: I checked status of my order, and saw that seller got removed from walmart market place (could no longer contact the seller). Thats obviously a red-flag.

I called Walmart customer service. I have to say I am impressed with the customer service in this day and age!! They did contact their fraud department, and acknowledged its a fraud. Maybe spent 10min total on the phone. They immediately refunded me my money, and even without me asking offered me a coupon code for $10 so I could buy directly from Walmart Mobil1 EP 5w-30 that is $29.99.
Walmart gets an A for handling it!

Hmmm...mine disappeared, too from Walmart's site. Order status says its "on the way" already, but no # to track through USPS. Too good to be true? I guess I'll call CS tomorrow to check.

Hmmm...mine disappeared, too from Walmart's site. Order status says its "on the way" already, but no # to track through USPS. Too good to be true? I guess I'll call CS tomorrow to check.

Check tracking on USPS website directly. It will likely say “label created but package not received”. Its a common scam to make you think that it’s on the way and keep waiting. If long enough time passes, walmart will pay them (walmart has delay before merchant gets their payment, especially new one) and they will withdraw money from ATM, and Walmart will be at a loss. You can also see if you can send a message to seller, if you cant, it means Walmart already removed them because they know its a fraud.
they fooled me, it looked like a legit purchase at walmart.com. It’s relatively cheap item, so I did not research it deep enough. Glad Walmart stands up behind their market place.

Last edited:
Check tracking on USPS website directly. It will likely say “label created but package not received”. Its a common scam to make you think that it’s on the way and keep waiting. If long enough time passes, walmart will pay them (walmart has delay before merchant gets their payment, especially new one) and they will withdraw money from ATM, and Walmart will be at a loss. You can also see if you can send a message to seller, if you cant, it means Walmart already removed them because they know its a fraud.
they fooled me, it looked like a legit purchase at walmart.com. It’s relatively cheap item, so I did not research it deep enough. Glad Walmart stands up behind their market place.
Checked on USPS's site and # couldn't come up. I sent the seller an email through Walmart's site so we'll see what happens. Looks sketchy now. :( Mine looked legit, too, and I thought I read that Walmart checks out the sellers before they're allowed to start selling.

Amazon has a slightly better handle on their scam sellers than Walmart does. Slightly.

Plus, Walmart’s search engine is horrible about returning results that are out of stock. Walmart wants to try to compete with Amazon in the online retail market but they have a way to go.

Amazon’s search engine isn’t very good either, but it's still better than Walmarts.

Back