Yet another 2 cycle mix question

Status
Not open for further replies.
Originally Posted By: mehullica
Run Amsoil Saber. I've run it 60:1 in my chainsaw, blower, Goped, line trimmer. 6 years with no issues

I've used Amsoil Saber for the last 12 years in my Echo weed wacker at 50:1. Performs very well.

I have seen inside many plain bearing big end of rod lawnboy C model engines and all of the C and D engines have a plain lower bearing. Some older smaller outboards have plain bearing big end rod and some have plain lower mains. None of these can run less than 32 to one, and the ones with plain rods need 24 to one.

Rod

older lawn boy c,d engines used 3 ring pistons and double bronze bushing lower pto bearings i would recommend a good ashless oil at 16:1 no more no less.i have later model lawn boys that call for 32:1 and that is what i use in them.
i happen to burn 32:1 in all my equipment have for 15 yrs i have noticed how they last much longer and if tuned right a engine running on 32:1 will be cleaner than a engine run on 50:1.

50:1 runs just fine if that is what the equipment calls for. Using a good quality oil good gas and having the equipment tuned right does far more than using special high dollar oil or a rich mixture ever will.

People that use two stroke equipment for a living have no problem with good oil at 50:1 if that is what the equipment calls for.

I still stick to my 93 octane Shell, with Amsoil Saber at 50:1 and "bring" it to 40:1 with MMO. I simply hate the smell of Saber so I use the MMO for the fact it smells like I'm in a field of peppermint... and 2 cycle exhaust. All my lawn equipment run great and have for a while on this.

I usually recommend this mix to my customers I know take care of their stuff. The rest, buy Trufuel and use it always and not simply at the end of the year before you put it away.

Except for high rpm racing engines,all other two-strokes using all needle/roller/ball bearings will run fine with today's two cycle oils at 50:1.

+1 again on Amsoil Saber. I've used it in all my OPE at 50:1 without issue. I've never needed to clean the exhaust on my 1999 LawnBoy DuraForce and it runs like new; well, actually better since I richened the idle jet. I've got two string trimmers, one chainsaw, one blower which I use year round (much better than a snow brush
smile.gif
), all Stihl, all using Amsoil Saber at 50:1.

Originally Posted By: vitez
+1 again on Amsoil Saber. I've used it in all my OPE at 50:1 without issue. I've never needed to clean the exhaust on my 1999 LawnBoy DuraForce and it runs like new; well, actually better since I richened the idle jet. I've got two string trimmers, one chainsaw, one blower which I use year round (much better than a snow brush
smile.gif
), all Stihl, all using Amsoil Saber at 50:1.

I love your signature! My wife and I cracked up last night when I read it again.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back