Yaris 2sz-fe oil is smelling gasoline

You could try changing the oil (take something cheaper as flush, not Motul, filter change optional, save €),then drive few hundred kilometers on it, but not all on short distances so that the engine reaches and stays on operating temperature as much as possible, and then change the oil again with filter this time. This should flush the engine nonaggressively. Before that perhaps, LM Injection Reiniger or Bizol g80 or Mannol 9957 or STP Injector cleaner for full tank of gas or two. But best before the oil change so that it doesn't end up in sump with fresh oil.

Your engine is not GDI, Toyotas in those years didn't have them, some lexuses did. You probably have a leaky injector as that is something that can happen. For now go ahead and bump up a grade to mitigate the effects but you probably have a leaky injector that should be looked at.

Last edited:
You could try changing the oil (take something cheaper as flush, not Motul, filter change optional, save €),then drive few hundred kilometers on it, but not all on short distances so that the engine reaches and stays on operating temperature as much as possible, and then change the oil again with filter this time. This should flush the engine nonaggressively. Before that perhaps, LM Injection Reiniger or Bizol g80 or Mannol 9957 or STP Injector cleaner for full tank of gas or two. But best before the oil change so that it doesn't end up in sump with fresh oil.
He will still have to get the oil tested for fuel so he might as well do that now.

Ok, why for 100 miles oil is turning diesel black and smelling badly gasoline?
I suggest that in Toyota service (I have full service history) did not change the oil twice per year cause the miles are few….and then the consequences…..

If you're really putting 3k miles on it per year changing it once a year should be no problem and should in no way create a fuel dilution issue.

Very strange, I met occasionally at the street an owner with the same car, engine, year of production 2006 Toyota Yaris .Short trips, oil is clear even after 1 year of driving. He ‘ s waiting 7 500 miles to change the oil- an interval of 2 years!
P.a. He’s not smelling the dipstick :)

Back