Yamaha 69J-13440-03

Status
Not open for further replies.
[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

[Linked Image]

This is what $35 gets you in Canada. Yamaha 69J-13440-03. I have a few more pics if wanted. I didn't count the pleats, nor did I measure. Made by Denso. The crud on the bypass was from the bench.

No end caps, not sure how I feel about that.

Originally Posted by Sillicon
No end caps, not sure how I feel about that.

Every pleat end is supposed to be glued shut. Stick something small into the end of the pleats to verify.

Yeah, $35 is a lot even in Canada I'd presume. OEM bike filters are always a rip-off even here.

Nothing cross-references to the 69J-13440-03. There are crosses to the -01, which the -03 replaces though. I've always been one of those "Meh, $35 filter to protect an $18k motor, not that big of a deal." But, I'm going to be looking at other options now.

Last edited:
Originally Posted by Sillicon
Nothing cross-references to the 69J-13440-03. There are crosses to the -01, which the -03 replaces though. I've always been one of those "Meh, $35 filter to protect an $18k motor, not that big of a deal." But, I'm going to be looking at other options now.

In one of the forums it was said that the -01 was Japanese made and had better construction and materials , the -03 made in thailand and cheaply made.

I have already chucked the thing in disgust. I went to a multi-line (sells Yamaha, Mercury, and Evinrude) dealer to pick this up, and the parts guy's eyes went wide when he scanned the barcode and the price came up.

I have seen pictures of the -01, it was a "fleece" media filter. It looked pretty decent, maybe not worth what they were asking for it, but better than this.

You can use any ph3614 size filter, like the Ultra XG3614, with no worries as they say. One of the most common sizes. No need to be disgusted by the Denso, the same filter construction is used on new 100K Lexus's from the factory.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back