XG7317, 2 ocis, ~11.5k mi. cut open

Status
Not open for further replies.
Originally Posted by LeakySeals
Just wondering was it any more difficult to get off being on longer?
Interesting question, and something I didn't note. It did seem a 'bit' more difficult to remove than other filters I've done, even other multiple oci filters. You can see the dents in the can, but that could be more a factor of the Lisle cap wrench design. I've only used a few times, so not much comparison yet. I always lube the sealing gasket and hand tight to no more than ~2/3-3/4 turn. I will add even hand tight, the sure grip end means one can get the filter on pretty tight with nitrile gloves on. Have to take care not to over tighten.

As for filter perhaps looking 'wiped down', other than draining all parts well not much wiping done on topic filter. Media untouched. Like to use one the used paper shop towels from the job to wick the cellulous and blend media filters so everyone can see pleat area especially by the potting material. Not so much with the Ultras, pretty much as it looked when cut open.

Originally Posted by JeffKeryk

Probably.
I started using the Fram Ultra Guard 7317.
I have had trouble removing it on the 3 Acura TSXs I service; never had an issue with the M1 and Wix filters.
The K24 has the filter mid way up in the back. Stupid. Honda hates me.

We have had a 2006 Acura TSX since new and I've done a lot of oil changes on it. I hate where the filter is located, but I haven't been able to break my habit of replacing it at each oil change
smile.gif
. Best car I've ever had for oil filer location was our 1996 Volvo 850. The oil filter was next to the oil pan, vertically mounted with the threads up. Easy as pie to change and could be removed with almost no hot oil dripping on me. Ahhhhhh ....

Last edited:
Originally Posted by wgtoys
Originally Posted by JeffKeryk

Probably.
I started using the Fram Ultra Guard 7317.
I have had trouble removing it on the 3 Acura TSXs I service; never had an issue with the M1 and Wix filters.
The K24 has the filter mid way up in the back. Stupid. Honda hates me.

We have had a 2006 Acura TSX since new and I've done a lot of oil changes on it. I hate where the filter is located, but I haven't been able to break my habit of replacing it at each oil change
smile.gif
. Best car I've ever had for oil filer location was our 1996 Volvo 850. The oil filter was next to the oil pan, vertically mounted with the threads up. Easy as pie to change and could be removed with almost no hot oil dripping on me. Ahhhhhh ....

Same filter location and orientation on the older small block GM V8s. Super simple and easy. Very nice.

I am running the XG7317 on my Honda too and it's on it's second OCI and I will be changing at my next oil change in the summer. Good to know this filter can easily go the distance.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back