writin scills

Status
Not open for further replies.
Quote:
I certainly didn't start this to beat on anyone or get beat up.

Did I give anyone the impression that my comments were directed at anyone in particular? It was a generic ..omni directional.. sermon that I give from time to time that most people don't want to hear anyway
21.gif
LOL.gif

I'm the guy that responds to, "Sure is quiet tonight" with, "Yeah, too quiet.".

..but I will say that I wish English was a simpler language and that it was more fun to learn how to write it properly. I surely would have paid more attention. I have so very much to say.

Meanwhile ...until you atone for your crimes of antisocial nature ..I'm withholding any and all ointments for your dangling participles.

Originally Posted By: Shannow
Pablo, as the song says

"It's hard to be humble when you're perfect in every way"

Whelp, I'm about as far from perfect as possible.

Gary Allan said:
Quote:
Meanwhile ...until you atone for your crimes of antisocial nature

I nominate Gary Allen to teach us proper social intercourse (Online Edition).
grin2.gif

Quote:
I almost made it through the whole thing, but I skipped to the end to get to the juicy part.
Oh well, good try! Maybe later you can find the time to finish the whole thing huh?
cool.gif
mad.gif

Quote:
but just in case anyone feels like getting emotional, my name is joseph smith.
Hey - my name is John Smith; we have the same last name! I suddenly feel all warm and emotional inside, a sense of belonging perhaps. I do feel the need to point out that you and Pablo both have the amenity of being able to choose your words with a considerable degree of deliberation in this context. I'm not sure why I suddenly feel that way... or perhaps if I've always felt this way... or some other way... or perhaps more than one way; it happens when I get emotional sometimes. Well, look at me, I'm rambling again.
55.gif

Quote:
congratulate you're selves if you did!
I'll offer to buy you're vocabulary off you since you apparently own it now. If you can't bring yourself to part with it for some stranger, I more than understand though. You can't sell it all right? I'll trade you for a box of tissues: just throwing an offer on the table. No pressure.
grin2.gif
My stamina is probably above average to begin with, but I think I'll give myself a pat on the back anyway. Thanks. Couldn't have done it without you.
56.gif

Have a good weekend Master ACiD.

Quote:
Whelp, I'm about as far from perfect as possible
See where it got you?
45.gif
Well that settles it. Group hug! Smile for the camera folks!
grin2.gif

neuralizer2um5.jpg

Originally Posted By: moribundman
Gary Allan said:
Quote:
Meanwhile ...until you atone for your crimes of antisocial nature

I nominate Gary Allen to teach us proper social intercourse (Online Edition).
grin2.gif

Fine ..as long as you don't attempt to treat any dangling participles with diet.

Poor grammar/spelling bothers me as well, but I make enough mistakes to be humble about it.

Actually, the most annoying thing about the editing limits is that I often can't go back and correct a mistake I've made!
crazy2.gif

Last edited:
Originally Posted By: Pablo
Quote:
..it's just that you're post gave me a perfect way to express my feelings to all you pieces of text out there who made it far enough to read through this entire post.
congratulate you're selves if you did! bet $5 98% of you didn't. thats ok.

I almost made it through the whole thing, but I skipped to the end to get to the juicy part. Your "not caring" makes it difficult to read, but the last bit you did on purpose, so it's almost funny.
wink.gif

If you re-read my post, I never "called (you) an idiot".

horray! you have brought semantics into the mix! you basically called me an idiot without actually going it. pablo i don't care! it doesn't bother me. the thing i do care about is that you didn't or still don't understand. i am afraid you never will. but i digress, you're ignorance pleads victory, and i wave my white briefs.

Originally Posted By: benjamming
In regards to MA's post, can you really separate the anonymous Internet from "real" life?

yes you can. i have met dozens, maybe even a hundred people in real life that i originally met online, and each time the people are totally different than their online selves. some of them even look different. (usually worse).

Originally Posted By: Gary Allan
Quote:
I certainly didn't start this to beat on anyone or get beat up.

Did I give anyone the impression that my comments were directed at anyone in particular? It was a generic ..omni directional.. sermon that I give from time to time that most people don't want to hear anyway
21.gif
LOL.gif

gary it's obvious who you were referring to. you basically named names without actually doing so. same semantics that pablo used. but thats ok. i dont mine/care. i just like pointing things like that out.

Originally Posted By: Julian

Quote:
but just in case anyone feels like getting emotional, my name is joseph smith.
Hey - my name is John Smith; we have the same last name! I suddenly feel all warm and emotional inside, a sense of belonging perhaps. I do feel the need to point out that you and Pablo both have the amenity of being able to choose your words with a considerable degree of deliberation in this context. I'm not sure why I suddenly feel that way... or perhaps if I've always felt this way... or some other way... or perhaps more than one way; it happens when I get emotional sometimes. Well, look at me, I'm rambling again.
55.gif

Quote:
congratulate you're selves if you did!
I'll offer to buy you're vocabulary off you since you apparently own it now. If you can't bring yourself to part with it for some stranger, I more than understand though. You can't sell it all right? I'll trade you for a box of tissues: just throwing an offer on the table. No pressure.
grin2.gif
My stamina is probably above average to begin with, but I think I'll give myself a pat on the back anyway. Thanks. Couldn't have done it without you.
56.gif

Have a good weekend Master ACiD.

welcome to the 2% club. step through the metal detector and grab you're %2 iron on patch of honour.

Last edited:
Quote:
....don't care enough to bother with hassle of proper english text ....... i don't value anyone here's opinion enough to fix it.

Enough said. What is there to not "understand"? I take your words at face value.

Quote:
gary it's obvious who you were referring to. you basically named names without actually doing so. same semantics that pablo used. but thats ok. i dont mine/care. i just like pointing things like that out.

Actually, you're incorrect. Pablo may be whining about spelling and whatnot ..but I never interpreted what he was doing was a malicious or mean spirited put down. Nor do I think he's a snob in any way.

My point was merely to offer that before you decide to be critical of another's ability in any given venue ..I would first ask a couple of questions about yourself first.

Let's say that it's noisy in any given environment. You can walk into it and merely accept that the place is noisy. You can also walk in and figure that it's noisy because the other people there are broken ..and you're just the person to tell them. They need fixing ..since they're noisy and you're not. Since you've already constructed a mythos that puts you at the center of all that is proper and correct, you then go about telling them how disgusting noisy people are and how if they had any self respect they would learn to be quiet. If their parents had raised them correctly, they would be just like you ..etc..etc..etc.

In short: Just because you're highly educated and highly functional ..don't for one minute think that you can't be a charter member of the misfit club. The functionality and achievement can just be effectively masking how much of a dweeb you are and, in many respects, a social moron for lack of any sense of humanity.

To complain about the noise is one thing. To assign "worth" to someone because of the noise ... is another.

Simple as that, pal
55.gif

Now nobody needs to get upset about a little love tap from a pal. A little jab here ..jab there is always going to be part of the boredom killing routine.
23.gif
grin2.gif

I'm still waiting for one of you guys to critique the post I've laid out in the sample above.

I take my commas and semicolons very seriously; sometimes it takes me up to 10 minutes to figure out which one to use.
crazy2.gif

". . . they come a runnin' just as fast as they can . . . 'cause every girl's crazy about a sharp [punctuated] man . . ."

ZZ-Top
grin2.gif

Originally Posted By: Merkava_4
Please correct my grammar:

My reply to Quest:
Quote:
I see exactly what you mean: the tie-rod is connected directly to the strut; rather than to the steering knuckle like on my GM. But I still see a standard lower strut mount for mounting to a steering knuckle; which leads me to ask why Honda went the route that they did?

Or maybe I should have written it like this:
Quote:
I see exactly what you mean: the tie-rod is connected directly to the strut, rather than to the steering knuckle like on my GM; but I still see a standard lower strut mount for mounting to a steering knuckle; which leads me to ask why Honda went the route that they did?

How should I have punctuated that reply?
54.gif

Merkava,

I think the second version is fine, except I'd put a period after "steering knuckle" and begin a new sentence with "Which leads me . . ." (I sort of like semicolons.)

I'd also use "as" instead of "like" ("as on my GM").

Last edited:
Quote:
Let's say that it's noisy in any given environment. You can walk into it and merely accept that the place is noisy. You can also walk in and figure that it's noisy because the other people there are broken ..and you're just the person to tell them. They need fixing ..since they're noisy and you're not. Since you've already constructed a mythos that puts you at the center of all that is proper and correct, you then go about telling them how disgusting noisy people are and how if they had any self respect they would learn to be quiet. If their parents had raised them correctly, they would be just like you ..etc..etc..etc.

In short: Just because you're highly educated and highly functional ..don't for one minute think that you can't be a charter member of the misfit club. The functionality and achievement can just be effectively masking how much of a dweeb you are and, in many respects, a social moron for lack of any sense of humanity.
I think the definition of nosy... I mean noisy for any given person and context was still up in the air though. So are we supposed to assume it's the same man in both versions?
grin2.gif
whistle.gif

Quote:
Pablo may be whining about spelling and whatnot ..but I never interpreted what he was doing was a malicious or mean spirited put down. Nor do I think he's a snob in any way.
Hey Gary: look over there [points randomly], it's the comet of doom!
shocked2.gif

Jill Valentine: Hold it. What do you think you're doing?
Alice: He's wounded. The infection's spreading.
Peyton Wells: I'm fine.
Alice: You should take care of him now. It'll be more difficult later. You know that.
Jill Valentine: No. If it comes to that, I'll take care of it myself.
Alice: As you wish.
Alice: [to Peyton] It's nothing personal. But in an hour, maybe two, you'll be dead. And moments later, you'll become one of them. You'll endanger your friends, try to kill them, probably succeed. I'm sorry. That's just the way it is.

Quote:
Enough said. What is there to not "understand"?
Was that your back-up plan?
wink.gif

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back