Wrenching With Kenny tries his hand at educating us on oil filters.

The thing about this chat board is that misinformation seems to doused relatively fast and doesn't have a chance to be spread via the Kool-Aid man like on YT and other social media. I mean read some of the YT comments on those Uncle Tony and Wrenching with Kenny videos they made about oil filters. People are drinking the misinformation Kool-Aid heavily.
Just a general comment here - not based on your post:

Personally, I place the most weight on what my ASE certified mechanic tells me.
He has over 40 years experience, he doesn't even charge me for small repairs, and he proved to have some incredibly accurate
diagnoses to some subtle difficult to find repair issues I faced over the years.

Most likely, each of us has a trusted local mechanic they use who they've known for years and have verified their honesty on multiple occasions during car repairs. I think all of us could benefit by asking our trusted local mechanic about oil change intervals, what oil to use, etc.

Last edited:
I like wrenching with kenny channel. He is like a regular guy, ordinary in every way, like a friend or neighbor you wouldn't mind having, and it looks like he is a mechanic by trade, as he does videos of his own oil changes in a mechanic shop where he seems to have the keys to. I think the advise he gives is general common sense (he's not a PHD in chemistry), but I think many viewers can benefit from doing maintenance based on common sense.
Perhaps he should stick to topics for which he is qualified.

Back