Wrecked my bike

Status
Not open for further replies.
Originally Posted By: Jarlaxle
I simple realize that I need to accept that since I enjoy riding, I cannot be permitted to actually do it.

The concept you mention here is known as mortification of the passions/pleasure. Practiced as a matter of lifestyle by assorted persons of various recognition throughout history as a way to refine their philosophical outlook and to meditate.

I simply realize that anything that makes me less miserable cannot be permitted. Any time I fine something that I sort of enjoy, something will happen that stops me from doing it. It's fine, it has been going on 20+ years now, I understand and accept it. Booze and Ambien is starting to look like an option. At least then I won't care.

I already have a car I like. I have nowhere to put a fifth car. I have no interest in a fifth car. They are maybe one-fiftieth as much fun as a bike.

If you think a sports car is 1/50th as much fun as a bike, then you haven't driven the right car...

Booze and Ambien is starting to look like an option. At least then I won't care.

Yeah but then you end up driving to Walmart in the middle of night wearing whatever you sleep in, and remember nothing about it the next morning.

Originally Posted By: LoneRanger
Booze and Ambien is starting to look like an option. At least then I won't care.

Yeah but then you end up driving to Walmart in the middle of night wearing whatever you sleep in, and remember nothing about it the next morning.
. Nah....then you end up on a slab at the morgue with a toe tag.

Well, just be careful with that combination, because some people claim those combined makes them say racist things on the internet.
They just can't seem to control themselves at all.

Hopefully you don't have a Twitter account.
Booze + Ambien + Twitter = I can't believe what I'm reading right now.

BC.

Originally Posted By: Bladecutter

Well, just be careful with that combination, because some people claim those combined makes them say racist things on the internet.
They just can't seem to control themselves at all.

Hopefully you don't have a Twitter account.
Booze + Ambien + Twitter = I can't believe what I'm reading right now.

BC.

I was thinking that, but restricted myself from saying it.
laugh.gif

OP: Sincere condolences for this very sad situation. Every rider's worst fears realized.

I won't offer any relationship advice, but you might consider this strictly logistical perspective:

You have already identified the mere state of having a motorcycle endorsement as possibly being enough to find you again on a bike. Assuming destruction or disappearance of your SO's ride, how effective would this be against her, given the same factor and combined with the strong will to ride?

Destruction or sabotage of her bike may not prove effective at all.

Lacking context or authority for this situation, I'll offer no advice. Just that consideration.

Jarl, I think you'll be back on a motorcycle next Spring. I think this rejection of riding is temporary.

Just having a bike in the garage or on property can be a form of satisfaction if only in knowing you *could* ride if/when you want to but, "I'm just not going to ride today". That hope of a near future ride can make the drubb routines of life a little less taxing on one's outlook.
smile.gif

Originally Posted By: LoneRanger
Jarl, I think you'll be back on a motorcycle next Spring. I think this rejection of riding is temporary.

Just having a bike in the garage or on property can be a form of satisfaction if only in knowing you *could* ride if/when you want to but, "I'm just not going to ride today". That hope of a near future ride can make the drubb routines of life a little less taxing on one's outlook.
smile.gif

That is what worries me. I don't need to burn this bridge. I need to burn it, cut all support beams into 18" sections, have the sections melted down, collapse the approach ramps, knock down the stone piers, and dump the rubble in international waters.

Yeah, sounds like you will be back ... I can see a nice used Honda 250 Rebel in your future
laugh.gif

Craigslist is your friend. Just go to Motorcycles and look at what is cheap. Every once in a while, you'll see something really interesting.

Found a nice little street legal Hodaka Wombat (125cc smoker) yesterday. If I didn't have too many bikes, I'd have gone for it. I kept my owners manual from mine (stolen 1976) all these years, but tossed it a few weeks ago. It's taken 55 years of riding to finally give up on Hodaka. Bothers me, but not enough to buy another. I don't think you are there yet
laugh.gif

Seriously, a Honda GB500 might do it ... Classic and under the radar, price wise. Nice road manners and will corner with the better ones. Easy to ride. Might work
smile.gif

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back