WOW, what a difference!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Originally Posted By: OVERK1LL
Originally Posted By: sunfire

So I'm going to go out on a limb here and say that the tranny likes Mercon V more than it does the (non Mercon V) Mobil 1 fluid.

I guess this proves you can't use Mobil 1 ATF in everything.

It would appear that Mercon V may simply be "better" for this application than a universal ATF.

I remember that at one point, Mobil 1 ATF was approved for Mercon V applications.

Is it no longer?

I find this curious too. One has to ponder the oddity that it only happened in 2nd. While I'd probably just do the Merc V and move on, that would bug the heck out of me.

What is unique in that sequence
54.gif

Originally Posted By: The Critic

So I'm going to go out on a limb here and say that the tranny likes Mercon V more than it does the (non Mercon V) Mobil 1 fluid.

It would appear that Mercon V may simply be "better" for this application than a universal ATF.

I remember that at one point, Mobil 1 ATF was approved for Mercon V applications.

Is it no longer?

Not according to the PDS
21.gif

Mobil 1 Synthetic ATF is also suitable for use in vehicles that specify the following fluid requirements:

Audi G 052 025-A2, G 052 162-A1
BMW LA2634
Esso LT 71141
ETL-7045E, ETL-8072B, N402
Ford* MERCON*, MERCON V, MERCON LV
All 2005 and earlier GM vehicles**
Honda ATF-Z1*
Hyundai SP-II, SP-III
Idemitsu K17
JWS 3309
Kia SP-II, SP-III
MAN 339F, V1, V2, Z1, Z2, Z3
Mazda ATF-III, ATF-MV
Mercedes-Benz 236.1, 236.2, 236.5, 236.6, 236.7, 236.9
Mitsubishi Diamond SP-II, SP-III
Nissan Matic-D, Matic-J, Matic-K
Subaru ATF
Toyota T-III, T-IV
Voith 55.6335.XX (G607, G1363),
Volvo 97340
ZF TE-ML 03D, 04D, 09, 14A, 14B, 16L, 17C

*Not recommend for CVT applications, Mercon® SP, Ford Type F **Mobil DEXRON-VI ATF is recommended for 2006 and newer GM vehicles and improved performance in 2005 and earlier vehicles, wherever DEXRON is specified

Originally Posted By: Y_K
We ran Mobile 1 ATF in cabs for 80-90k per ODI on those trannies

You are thinking of the 4R70W, this is a 4R100, completely different.

Originally Posted By: The Critic

Is it no longer?

Canada is slow to get the "new" stuff; we actually had two separate shelf spaces at Canadian Tire for the M1 ATF. One for the older, non Mercon V stuff, and one for the new, Mercon V stuff.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back