Would You buy this Vehicle?

I'm assuming what you are saying is that it is now all repaired, and as a fully repaired truck, it is now being offered for the $43,500?

I used to be pretty shy of branded title cars. But a friend of mine, who is very successful, and can buy whatever he wants, bought each of his kids their first cars from what was then known as AutoSource (Now AutoSavvy), who specializes in salvaged title cars. He says every one of them was a good experience, and has no problem recommending going that way.

Not all salvaged title operations are equal, though. What kind of reputation does the dealer have?

So this vehicle is being sold for $43,500.00 with a branded title (9,000ish miles) by a dealer who specializes in taking wrecked vehicles and completely refurbishing them.

The vehicle looks great on their website. It's a "no haggle price" with a warranty.

Thoughts?
GON Auto Mart?

Seems high to me. The secondary damage note stated undercarrige, which could be major or minor. Its just not a good enough deal.

I'm assuming what you are saying is that it is now all repaired, and as a fully repaired truck, it is now being offered for the $43,500?

I used to be pretty shy of branded title cars. But a friend of mine, who is very successful, and can buy whatever he wants, bought each of his kids their first cars from what was then known as AutoSource (Now AutoSavvy), who specializes in salvaged title cars. He says every one of them was a good experience, and has no problem recommending going that way.

Not all salvaged title operations are equal, though. What kind of reputation does the dealer have?
It's one you mentioned.

the left front wheel is pushed into the back of the fender. That truck is hurt... plus someone wrote a 38400 estimate on it based on the repair cost, they did not pay 16 fix 38400 and sell it for 42500 ...

Edmunds says the truck, with branded title, is worth $44,042.

You could offer them less, but the place that is selling it typically doesn't bargain. They offer what they think is a fair price. Take it or leave it. I know. I tried to bargain with them on a '14 E350 convertible a few years ago. They did bargain, but not enough for my liking.

Nah. That's a strange truck... They don't make a Lariat with the jump seat to my knowledge. All trims above XLT come with a center console and shifter, don't they?

Someone either put an XLT jump seat into a Lariat or took an XLT and put a Lariat facelift on it. I'm almost positive it's a Lariat.
1698885625552.jpg

Nah. That's a strange truck... They don't make a Lariat with the jump seat to my knowledge. All trims above XLT come with a center console and shifter, don't they?

Someone either put an XLT jump seat into a Lariat or took an XLT and put a Lariat facelift on it. I'm almost positive it's a Lariat.
View attachment 186309
It's not an uncommon " mod" for someone to switch out the console . It's a topic that comes up every so often on the truck forums.

What would be the retail value of a similar never damaged model? I'd say up to 75% of that amount would be reasonable if it was rebuilt well.
I'd guess MSRP of at least $65,000.00- $70,000. So yea in the ballpark to your theory.

Last edited:
the left front wheel is pushed into the back of the fender. That truck is hurt... plus someone wrote a 38400 estimate on it based on the repair cost, they did not pay 16 fix 38400 and sell it for 42500 ...
Concur. So the underside damage goes at least 3’ deep. This is a frame-off repair. Airbag deployment suggests a hard impact.

Back