Work SHOES? Any recommendations

Status
Not open for further replies.
I wore these for many years . Alloy safety toe . Lightweight . Timberland .
0-650-timberland-pro-titan-oxford-alloy-toe-medium-brown.jpg

I wear Merrell Moab 3s

I have the Moab 2, nabbed them from Sports Authority in their closing sales. I've only worn them maybe 5 times in 8 years, and only when it's in the single digits outside. I honestly didn't think they were gonna feel so...bulky. They unfortunately hurt my feet.

When I was in a tough environment in manufacturing job in college I used Made in England dr marten shoes. Not sure if modern ones are similar in construction and comfort.

I ended up with new balance 857 v3. Theyve shown no signs of wear, worn since February.

I bought the 608 v5 at the same time but returned them. They were a lot cheaper, but still didn’t feel like they were built to last nor had the support that the 857 v3s have. New balance customer support couldn’t tell me why the 857 was so much more money than 608, comparing them there is something about a “roll bar” in the sole of the expensive ones. I’ve had 608 before and they are comfy but don’t last, maybe that’s what I paid for was a little more support and longevity.

Back still hurts occasionally but I don’t feel like I am blaming it on my work shoes anymore.

One thing you’ll find here, YouTube and everywhere else is that you’ll get different advice from everyone regarding Plantar Fasciitis. Every individual, every practitioner…they all have different ideas on what to do. As someone who has had it with both feet (twice now on right foot), I’ll tell you what has worked for me.

The first time on both feet, it took about 1.5 years to resolve. I tried everything and the only thing that initially gave any relief was soft footwear plus a custom orthotic. This did not cure it but reduced the discomfort a bit. The pain level was still high, though, and it really impacted my life.

I finally went to a physiotherapist that did shockwave therapy and the next morning the pain was 90% gone. After a few sessions I was good to go. Shockwave seems to be quite successful for PF. Your results may vary if you try it.

Work these for several years and are very comfortable.

Tactical Research MAXX 8Z 8” Ultra-Cushioned Maximalist Black Tactical Boots for Men with Zipper - Designed for Police, EMS, and Security with Slip-Resistant Vibram Outsole https://a.co/d/ei3meS6

All the Red Wings that I wore were very comfortable.

2 pairs eventually got a cracked sole after a year of use.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back