work at Buc-ee's?

I was reading somewhere, maybe Reddit, that they work you, I mean really work you, with a bunch of (inane?) corporate policies. Think regular retail work then put it on steroids. Whatever fun you have there as a customer you may experience the inverse working there... think Disney cast member.

Incidentally, they call 35-50 hours "full time", so expect a salaried position to need you there AT LEAST 50 hours a week. The "assistant managers" at my tire store clocked 55 regularly.

Not putting a damper on honest work, you could find your niche.

I was reading somewhere, maybe Reddit, that they work you, I mean really work you, with a bunch of (inane?) corporate policies. Think regular retail work then put it on steroids.
I've been to a few different Buc-ees and had time to 'people watch'. The employees did seem to be busy, but none seemed to act like they were hating life.... like a Walmart employee, for example.

With the amount of people I have seen there here in Texas, its certainly a job that will have you on your feet 200% of the time and you are wading through endless crowds of people. They also have some kind of cult "chant" that they shout every now and again, i couldnt understand it. I love their merch though and have my trusty coffee cup that i drink from daily.

My impression is that 401k matching is pretty common, just usually tops out at 3 or 4% and not 6.
Really? 100% match? Even our defined benefit plan (401K portion) was cut to 50% at times throughout my career.
Anyway, if people don't read that and see 100% interest on their money, they're not very good at math.

Really? 100% match? Even our defined benefit plan (401K portion) was cut to 50% at times throughout my career.
Anyway, if people don't read that and see 100% interest on their money, they're not very good at math.
Per Fidelity the most common 401K plan is a 100% match up to 3%, then a 50% match up to 5%. So to max out, an employee contribution of 5% would equate to the company kicking in 4% for a 9% total contribution. Again, this is a "typical" plan and there are exceptions in both directions of course. My plan has defined levels based on years of service...I contribute 4.5% and employer contributes 12.5% for a total of 17%.

Per Fidelity the most common 401K plan is a 100% match up to 3%, then a 50% match up to 5%. So to max out, an employee contribution of 5% would equate to the company kicking in 4% for a 9% total contribution. Again, this is a "typical" plan and there are exceptions in both directions of course. My plan has defined levels based on years of service...I contribute 4.5% and employer contributes 12.5% for a total of 17%.
It's still pretty darn good, don't you think?

We used to have 100% up to 6% of salary. Now we have a step-system with a max 3.5% “match” when putting 10% into your 401k. Put 5% in and you only get 1.5% 🤬
I work in the defense contracting world. My employer matches every $1 up to 3% then $0.50 per $1 for the next 2%, so a total of 4% if the employee is contributing at least 5%. There's better benefits packages in competing companies, but I like my gig.

I keep finding myself pronouncing it “Busey’s” as in Gary Busey.

Never been to one, but I’d certainty stop at one along the way to my destination.

Their pay and benefits seem great. Makes me want to go there even more.

Back