work at Buc-ee's?

Was travelling in Florida this weekend so decided to finally stop at one of the new Buc-ee's. The one near world Golf Village off I-95 between Jax and St. Augustine.

On a side note, this is my first Buc-ee's, but if you spent any time in the South and have been to one of the tacky t-shirt shops that also sell fudge, to one of the roadside faux bbq places that cater to tourists, and to a truck stop - you have already been to Buc-ee's - you just don't know it.

I was happy to find Buc-ee's is hiring, and it seems they pay pretty well. For those in high COL areas, realize you can buy a decent house in a decent neighborhood 10 minutes away in Jacksonville for well under $300K, and there is no state income tax in Florida.

Maybe I will retire early and move to Florida and do the overnight shifts?

BUcees.JPG

I plan to "retire" from my current job early and work part time for some extra spending/vacation money. Some places it doesn't make sense to keep working after putting in a lot of years.
I hear ya. Retirement may mean different things and everyone just has to figure out what works for them.

I'm now in my 4th year of retirement and I ain't never going back.

Back