Wolf's Head Full Syn motor oil?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Has anyone tried this full syn oil? I know people have used to dino and been pretty happy with it, but not the full syn.

A few places around here carry it, and it had me wondering....and a pretty good price too.

Try it and do a UOA for the good of the board.
grin2.gif

Originally Posted By: StevieC
Try it and do a UOA for the good of the board.
grin2.gif

Hmm...maybe I should.

I was considering M1 for my Cav, but maybe....

How much are they asking for a case? The only place I've seen the Syn-Pack is online, and the price seems to be fixed at $95.00 per case of 12 quarts, regardless of the dealer. I was at an Aco in Adrian, MI about a month ago and they only carried the Wolf's Head conventional lines. I have a bunch of Wolf's Head Super-Duty 10W-40 waiting to go in the Jaguar for my next couple OCIs.

Last edited:
Originally Posted By: erogers
How much are they asking for a case? The only place I've seen the Syn-Pack is online, and the price seems to be fixed at $95.00 per case of 12 quarts, regardless of the dealer. I was at an Aco in Adrian, MI about a month ago and they only carried the Wolf's Head conventional lines. I have a bunch of Wolf's Head Super-Duty 10W-40 waiting to go in the Jaguar for my next couple OCIs.

Around 60, I think. Aco added a bunch of oils and some Pennzoil filters in the last few weeks...

Heck, they have M1 now....

I noticed Wolfs head in my aco recently also at 2.49 a qaurt. only the syn blend there. A lot of independant auto parts used to carry it around the Detroit area and it had a big following with old timer mechanics, we have used cases of the trans fluid in our shop and it is the current fill in my escape trans.
It is made by amalie oil now in florida wich is big in IHRA racing
go to wolfs heads website but be sure to turn your speakers up first

Yeah, the first time I ever checked out the Wolf's Head site it was late at night and I had my speakers all the way up. I almost needed CPR after that.

Originally Posted By: erogers
Yeah, the first time I ever checked out the Wolf's Head site it was late at night and I had my speakers all the way up. I almost needed CPR after that.

Happened to me too...

Originally Posted By: bradepb
I noticed Wolfs head in my aco recently also at 2.49 a qaurt. only the syn blend there. A lot of independant auto parts used to carry it around the Detroit area and it had a big following with old timer mechanics, we have used cases of the trans fluid in our shop and it is the current fill in my escape trans.
It is made by amalie oil now in florida wich is big in IHRA racing
go to wolfs heads website but be sure to turn your speakers up first

Do you have the regular or the synthetic ATF?

we bought a few cases of the regular dexIII/mercon wolfs head from our local auto parts while waiting for an order from our normal supplier wich sells Federated brand (amalie makes there store brand trans fluid and oils also) The auto parts store became a napa now and they dont carry wolfs head anymore.

Originally Posted By: bradepb
we bought a few cases of the regular dexIII/mercon wolfs head from our local auto parts while waiting for an order from our normal supplier wich sells Federated brand (amalie makes there store brand trans fluid and oils also) The auto parts store became a napa now and they dont carry wolfs head anymore.

I thought federated did ashland oils?

the federated gear oil and trans fluid bottles say on the back : "manufactured by Amalie oil company for federated auto parts distributors Staunton, VA 24401 made in USA"
We have used it for several years and it always said that. Its a pretty safe bet they also make wolfs head because the address for Amalie in Florida is exactly the same as wolfs heads address according to there websites.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back