WIX or Purolator?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Ive always heard both are great. Are you talking about purolator, or purolator pure one? There is also the normal wix and a lower quality nascar wix. I've used all of them and just based on how they look when you cut them open and their design I vote wix. I buy the napa gold which is the exact same as the normal wix.

Also here is a cool link so you can see the inside of the filters for yourself and not have to pay to cut them all open. This isent me in the video so I cant take credit, but great idea for this guy to post it.

http://www.youtube.com/profile?user=ckermit8&view=videos

Last edited:
NG
01.gif

Originally Posted By: ryland
Ive always heard both are great. Are you talking about purolator, or purolator pure one? There is also the normal wix and a lower quality nascar wix. I've used all of them and just based on how they look when you cut them open and their design I vote wix. I buy the napa gold which is the exact same as the normal wix.

Also here is a cool link so you can see the inside of the filters for yourself and not have to pay to cut them all open. This isent me in the video so I cant take credit, but great idea for this guy to post it.

Sorry guy, There is no such animial as a NASCAR Wix. Only NAPA NASCAR made by wix for NAPA.

Both are great filters.
I use and like Wix. However, whatever one is easy for you to get will work very well.

Yeah either will work well. I use purolator pure one and motorcraft (made by purolator).

Last edited:
Originally Posted By: Pete C.

Sorry guy, There is no such animial as a NASCAR Wix. Only NAPA NASCAR made by wix for NAPA.

How did it feel writing that?

no nascar wix....only a nascar made by wix.............for napa.

Sorry I stand corrected.

Last edited:
I prefer the Motorcraft made by Purolator. Just my opinion. That said, I'm running a WIX on my Ford Bronco right now.

Although the Purolator is a Decent Filter, they are not in the same league, Purolator is a Quality Filter and Wix is a Premium Filter

Originally Posted By: Petty
Although the Purolator is a Decent Filter, they are not in the same league, Purolator is a Quality Filter and Wix is a Premium Filter

What?

Construction-wise, a WIX is no better than a Purolator. And as per the Chinese WIX thread also in this section, they also import and sell some off-shore junk.

A PREMIUM filter is something like the AMSOIL EaO, Donaldson SYNTEQ, Fleetguard w/glass media, Royal Purple and maybe even the Purolator PureONE and Mobil 1 filters, even though they do not have synthetic glass media in them.

I believe Bill in Utah may disagree with your comment as well, given the last WIX he purchased was garbage.

Originally Posted By: breeves
which is better filter?

thanks

I assume you are talking about the Pure One Purolator.

If so, either flip a coin or buy the cheapest of the two.

I put PureOne out there in terms of filtration. I put WIX out front in terms of construction. Most WIX have the preferred open end bypass valve (although I don't care, myself) while Purolator appears to like the dome end in their signature line. They reserve the open end bypass for the MotorCraft line.

I consider both of them an upper tier filter. I'd put M1 and the EaO ..and probably RP as premium.

Originally Posted By: Gary Allan
I put PureOne out there in terms of filtration. I put WIX out front in terms of construction. Most WIX have the preferred open end bypass valve (although I don't care, myself) while Purolator appears to like the dome end in their signature line. They reserve the open end bypass for the MotorCraft line.

I consider both of them an upper tier filter. I'd put M1 and the EaO ..and probably RP as premium.
01.gif
Yeah, what he said. GA has forgotten more about filters than I'll likely ever know.
LOL.gif

I like the Pure One (besides filtration), because I like the sure grip for easy installation/removal, it's easily available at AAP and reasonably priced. I'm sure Wix is a good filter, just not as easy to find and compare pricewise.

Where are wix and purolator made?? I have some napa golds in my garage but im not home right now. Maybe have to look when I get home. Last time I changed my oil I used a bosch and it said made in USA. I always like to buy american when I can. If not american I look for products from our canadian brothers.

Wix makes Napa's and Carquest's oil filters with their brand name on it.it even say on the Carquest box,made by Wix

Where are wix and purolator made?? I have some napa golds in my garage but im not home right now. Maybe have to look when I get home. Last time I changed my oil I used a bosch and it said made in USA. I always like to buy american when I can. If not american I look for products from our canadian brothers.

Bosch is made by Purolator - and is a great oil filter.

Originally Posted By: chevrofreak
The 4 PureONE's I recently got from Amazon don't have any kind of grip texture on them.

Maybe they are the old ones before texture coating. Same good filter.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back