Wix & Napa Gold have Different Flow Ratings?

Status
Not open for further replies.
I have read on here many times that Wix and Napa Gold are the same exact filter with different labels on them. I just took a look at both sites and the flow ratings on the filter I need was different. The Napa Gold said 7-9gpm, the Wix said 9-11gpm. Is this just a typo or could the medias/internals be different? Anyone else notice this before? I actually just ordered a bunch of Napa Golds from fleetfilter.com for the first time because the Wix's I used to get went up a large amount in price from filter1.com, so i decided on the Napa Golds instead, but now I am not so sure after seeing the different specs between the two. thanks for the help.

Part number? Links?

Some filters are rated for 7-9 gpm ..others are 9-11 ..throughout the WIX filterfinder web site. I was most curious that the filters were rated for 7-9 ..when 0-9 would be a bit more sensible. What happens below 7 gallons
confused.gif
grin.gif

I noticed that too, I think it was on filters for my Jeep 4.0. It may have been different sizes though too, one oversize, one regular...

thanks for the replys

According to each website the sizes are exactly the same. From the info given on each site the only thing I see different is the Flow Rate.

Wix Part # - 51356
Flow Rate - 9-11 GPM (wixfilters.com)

Napa Gold Item # FIL1356
Flow Rate - 7-9 GPM (napaonline.com)

Is this a typo or are the internals different?

Neither ..errr both ..errr
laugh.gif
. It's dyslexia ..maybe. 51365 is 9-11 and 51356 is a 7-9 on WIX ...but NAPA has both at 7-9

I have been dealing with a wix rep about something very similar. Im asking him why there is a max flow rate difference between the 51396 and the 51356 when theyre the same exact size, and he says they have identical media to where the untested beta ratio for the 51396 should be the same as the 2/20=6/19 beta ratio of the 51356. I do not understand why the max flow rate would differ between the two.

Just incase people had the same issue, I emailed Napa and they said that the information is incorrect on their site and the correct flow rate is 9-11 gpm which is the same as the Wix.

My friend who I met online is from Michigan and he told me to stay away from Wix/Napa Gold. Although I am using it now, I am not sure about my next OCI. Would anyone know why Wix/Napa Gold may have that reputation, atleast from a knowledgeable car guy from MI?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back