Wix filters made in China?

Status
Not open for further replies.
This is the first time I bought a Wix filter based on how much people here praise them for quality and being U.S. made. Just got one for my Impala and it's from China. Not complaining as it feels and looks well made for costing less than half of a GM part, but if I had known, I probably would have got the GM filter.

Amazing....

I would have never suspected any Wix filters being made in China.

Could that be a copycat and not an authentic WIX?

Don't think they would mark it as such if it was a fake.

[Linked Image from fototime.com]

Wix filters are made all over. The Camry filter is/was made in Poland I believe. F150 is USA. You'll just have to check each filter if you're worried about it. I'd avoid the China filters too.

The vast majority of canister/spin on type Wix label/Napa Gold, XP/Platinum oil filters are made in the US. Those filters are the ones most talked about on bitog. Some/many of the cartridges are made in China, same as Fram and others.

This being a trans filter, be interesting to see where majority US based competitors are made. Be interesting to see the GM /(ACD?) coo. In my observation some/many on bitog consider Taiwan to be an upgrade over China label. 'Perhaps' equivalent S.Korea where many cartridges made now.

Don't think it's fake. Said, it looks well made. I'll go with that.

Originally Posted by Gebo
Amazing....

Wix has factories all over the world. I have seen Chinese made wix filters( not every number but a few) for at least 10 or more years here.

I personally think Taiwanese products seem to be generally of a higher quality than products maid in mainland China. I would use it and sleep well.

Originally Posted by Chris142
Amazing....

Wix has factories all over the world. I have seen Chinese made wix filters( not every number but a few) for at least 10 or more years here.

This ^^^^^ is exactly right.

Originally Posted by Chris142
Amazing....

Once again, my ignorance is demonstrated for all to see.
grin.gif

Welcome to the Global World of Automotive parts. In general, the newest manufacturing plant of a world class company is built to incorporate the latest technology, so as it happens so often, the newest plants built in China / Mexico / India / emerging new location will have good tech. These new locations are usually "baby-sat" by the home office engineers until QC meets all expectations, then the home team leaves the new plant and leaves it in the trained hands of the locals. Home office visits on a regular basis...more often if the KPI's are not on target (Key Performance Indicators)

China and SW Asia are emerging markets for automotive, expect more and more stuff to be made there & consumed there, while people in North America complain there are no manufacturing jobs for Billy or Sue to take on with their HS Diploma or other post secondary college degrees.

Originally Posted by KGMtech
Welcome to the Global World of Automotive parts. In general, the newest manufacturing plant of a world class company is built to incorporate the latest technology, so as it happens so often, the newest plants built in China / Mexico / India / emerging new location will have good tech. These new locations are usually "baby-sat" by the home office engineers until QC meets all expectations, then the home team leaves the new plant and leaves it in the trained hands of the locals. Home office visits on a regular basis...more often if the KPI's are not on target (Key Performance Indicators)

China and SW Asia are emerging markets for automotive, expect more and more stuff to be made there & consumed there, while people in North America complain there are no manufacturing jobs for Billy or Sue to take on with their HS Diploma or other post secondary college degrees.

Actually, the old machinery from ACDelco Rochester, NY was unbolted from the floor and sent to Mexico one machine at a time to get each piece up and running during the transition. This is about cheap labor only. Jobs need to be there for the "less intelligent" people too instead of paying them starvation/less than survival wages. Better they make a decent check than some fat hog getting rich and just hoarding money, which is what's being allowed now.

Last edited:
Originally Posted by Boomer
I personally think Taiwanese products seem to be generally of a higher quality than products maid in mainland China. I would use it and sleep well.

Agree about Taiwan. And about sleeping well.

Last edited:
Yep; the WIX oil filter for my Rubicon is made in China. I bought 2 and will use them, but:

#NotAFan

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back