Wix filters @ filter1.com - 2 thumbs up!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
I decided to switch 100% of my filtration needs over to Wix filters. Someone suggested filter1.com as a supplier.

They're great. All my filters were shipped the same day and they pay the freight if the order is over $50. In addition their prices are heavily discounted from MSRP (Wix filters are not easy to find in stores.)

It's not that hard to get an order to >$50 once you include tranny, fuel, oil and order about a years worth.

I bought eleven Wix 51773's from www.rockauto.com recently for $7.50 each, including shipping. I just checked the price for the same at www.filter1.com and it was $4.83, including shipping if I buy $50 worth of filters from them, which would be easy if I include air filters, cabin filters and trans filters.

Thanks, davefr, this is definitely a hot tip!
cheers.gif

quote:

Wix filters are not easy to find in stores.

The Wix filter web site has a "store locator" feature. I found out the no-name parts store just down the street had them. They tend to be found in the smaller parts stores.

I just ordered a few more filters from www.filter1.com for my various vehicles. I am amazed at how inexpensive they are! Above, I mentioned that a Wix 51773 costs $4.83 through filter1... at a Napa store, the Napa Gold 1773 goes for $8.99; I know, because I bought one there.

It's not hard to register at this site, and it is very convenient - you can even set up a page that saves filter part numbers for each of your vehicles.

The reason I'm writing all of this is because it seems many have missed the point of this thread and are instead writing about where you can buy Wix filters locally. It IS true that they can be found locally, but at filter1 they are half the price, they are delivered promptly and it is an easy site to use.

I am glad that this site was pointed out by davefr!

Dave, you're right. No one disputes the quality of Wix filters. The only detractor of their use is that you can virtually NEVER get them discounted "over the counter". The distribution is just too limited ...typically to NAPA. NAPA isn't a discount parts chain ..they're a service oriented parts chain and typically are one of the most expensive. Around my neck of the woods they are THE most expensive and are often trumped by OEM $$.

Those prices make mail order well worth it for this level of quality. You're down to Wally World prices for MC. It's a no brainer if you've got enough volume ..or plan on keeping the current fleet for a while.

P.S. If you order from these guys, check the box that say's "send a catalog". You'll get a 1500 page complete Wix catalog.

It has extensive application info, complete interchange listings, and you can even custom select filters based on either the thread size or can size.

It's definately worth having and it's free.

Filter1's prices on the Wix inline magnetic transmission filter and the transmission filter for the 4T40E are pretty good...$10 and $14 respectively. The 4T40E transmission filter is $30 at Advance Auto!

Pricing for my 51522 at filter1 is $4.95 and at fleetfilter it is $3.30. Even with shipping the fleetfilter.com pricing is better. Trans, gas and air filter pricing is better too.

Umm, would me servicing all the cars in my family count as a 'fleet"? There's now 3 hondas which all take 51334 (or 51344 for a larger size), 1 toyota previa, and a 98.5 Audi 2.8...it's a lot of cars to me.

quote:

You'll get a 1500 page complete Wix catalog.

It has extensive application info, complete interchange listings, and you can even custom select filters based on either the thread size or can size.

I wish they had an web site that offered this. Now you can only x-ref or spec to application. It would be nice to put in a thread or can size and have it puke out all that's available.

quote:

That's what BITOG is all about!

Yeah, baby! Yeah!
cheers.gif

I just ordered a box full of filters from Filter1.com (over 20 I think). I'm getting the Ford 51515 for around $3.80/each. I must say that's a great price. So far I'm very impressed with the company. They make it easy to purchase and to re-order filters.

I ordered a transmission filter ($14.28), 2 FL-820 equivalents($3.85), 3 FL-1A ($3.40)equivalents, and 5 of those cartridge filters for the Ecotec engine ($4.17). The total came to $53 and change, so I got free shipping.

I think they may have taken the "check-box" thing away for the catalog. I did'nt see it. You are right, excellent prices. I checked what I was paying OTC vs. Filter1 for oil,air and fuel for are F550's at work and I will save 44.6%.
Just think if you mail order your filters from Filter1 and your oil from Amsoil we could shut Wally World down !!
wink.gif

Just ordered a dozen 51344's for my Civic through Filter1; $4.54 a pop. Great prices indeed!

I also ordered several other filters as well- Filter1 appears to be a skookum outfit.

Never thought anyone could say "Wix" and "Discount" in the same breath!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back