Wix 51334 opened

Status
Not open for further replies.
Found this upon opening it up. Was on my tractor for a very short time. ABDV wasn't working and it would take a while for oil pressure to build so I changed it with very little time on it.
r

Are those partially glued by the core, or letting oil go by? From this angle looks like it was still intact, just possibly not capable of a stressful event.

Those pleats were never in the glue around the bottom. They are open on the end. I have another pic I will try to post.

Maybe it's a new design. Maybe they are going to start folding the ends instead of gluing them to the base plate. I'm glad I had trouble with the ADBV and didn't run it very long at all. Put a JD filter back on it.

Come on Wix!
06.gif

I always say Wix filters are boring to look at, but well, ...
21.gif

Hopefully an isolated incident (like the Fram that was missing 1/3 of it's media).

I would send Wix an e-mail with pics.
Maybe they have better CS than Purolator.

Originally Posted By: WellOiled
OLEJOE - interesting find. I had one WIX with a leaky ADBV as evidenced by startup rattle.

That's what mine did so I changed the filter back to a JD filter and it turns the oil light off instantly. I'm going to stick with the JD filter and start using T6 5W40 next OC.

On the flip side, I cut open a 57045 Wix off my P/U with 7,730 miles on it and it's perfect. Didn't seem to bypass as there was some carbon in the bottom of the housing. I still think they are good filters but I'm going to try the Fram Ultra on my wife's Tahoe. May try them on my tractor when I go to the synthetic oil in it.

Did you find out what was wrong with the adbv, any pics of it on the filter and baseplate? It's a pretty simple thing a rubber flap so it is puzzling what failed.

Originally Posted By: goodtimes
Did you find out what was wrong with the adbv, any pics of it on the filter and baseplate? It's a pretty simple thing a rubber flap so it is puzzling what failed.

I looked at the ADBV and it looked good. No tears or wrinkles. End plate looked good also. Must have been Devine intervention to let me know something was wrong with the filter. Luckily I only ran it for a few minutes. You can tell by the color of the media it was clean oil.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back