Wix 51042 cut open

kstanf150

Originally Posted by bbhero
Originally Posted by kstanf150
It's been a very mild winter here in GA Engine temp shouldn't be much of a factor in the fuel smell I wouldn't think
I thought you were in Tennessee... With the GoVols location... And I was thinking possibly western Tennessee where it is colder right now as evidenced by winter weather advisory out for snow 1-2 inches.
I'm an orange blooded born Tennessean that lives in middle western Georgia But I'm 2 years away from retirement and I'm heading back to the volunteer state as fast as I can !!!!!

Last edited:

kstanf150

Originally Posted by ZeeOSix
Originally Posted by kstanf150
Originally Posted by bbhero
Yeah that fuel smell could well be from short trips... One time when I changed the oil in my car the oil had a noticeable gas smell... Struck me as odd because I had not noticed it like that before or candidly since then... It was when I put the Sunoco full synthetic oil in my car 4 years ago... Though that am I had gone on a rather short trip and promptly changed the oil right after that trip.
You think a one way drive of 15 miles falls into the short trip range ? I'd think it's a normal range for most of us. I'm on the 2 mile one way to work plan !!...³ðŸ¤”🤣👍
I'd say 15 miles each way is not really short trips. Is he running a lower setting thermostat or something? Maybe it's fuel trims are out of wack for some reason. Should scan the OBDII to find out.
Stock engine T-stat Could it be an O2 sensor ?