Wire backed filters: who is running one?

anything for family or my household get OG wire backed Titanium’s or fram endurances. no excuses not to have the best of the best in filtration.

2003 Accord 2.4l Fram endurance FE7317 with 4 OG backed titanium FS7317’s in reserve

2002 Silverado 6.0 LQ4 OG backed Fram titanium FS3675 with 25 OG backed FS3675 titanium’s in reserve
OG backed FS8 titanium on remote ATF filter with one in reserve.

Last edited:
I have like 5-6 wire backed Ultras stocked from before so they'll be used for a while. The truck gets ChampXL until I run out of the couple I have for it. Even then, I'll still probably stock back up on them as they were only $3-4/pc at Rockauto.

I recently switched out the orange can I had on my wife’s Edge for a Fram Endurance. I will run it 15k so not overly expensive.

I have an OG Ultra on my lawn tractor too. 😛

I currently have a FRAM Synthetic Endurance FE3387A on my Chevy, seems to be going good so far, will have to take a look at it after I change it, it will be ran for about 5,000 miles as that is the intervals I choose and it currently has Valvoline Full Synthetic High Mileage 5w30 in it.

Depending on how I feel after I will either choose to stick with the Endurance or go back to AC Delco.

I believe I have 3-4 of the older wire-backed Ultra 7317's, 1 of the Ultra 6607, and an Fram FPS 7317. Using them on a hard to reach location on a '99 Mazda Protege. (Also on 2017 Rogue Sport.) Also a newer Fram Endurance filter. No worries for a long while filter wise.

I'm currently using a wire backed XG16 as a remote mounted atf filter on my Toyota.
I have a wire backed XG3593A on my Kubota diesel powered generator, and a wire backed FS3593A and XG3593A for it on the shelf.

I running mostly Fram Titanium / Endurance on my family Toyota fleet. I have a couple of Fram Titanium 9688 and 7317 for family/friends Honda / Kia / Subaru.

I don't really follow filter marketing claims and usually cut them open to see how loaded up they are at the end of an oil service before deciding to leaving the next filter on for extended service.

Last edited:
Running a wire-backed XG9018 on my '12 Regal GS. I'll probably run the filter for two 5k intervals, allowing me to replace it just once annually.

Running a wire backed Ultra CG 10575 on my 08’ Silverado 4.8. Couldn’t find a date code on them but they were made before Fram raised the BPV rating. Also running a wire backed FleetGuard LF 16035 on my 22 Ram CTD.

I have been for the past couple of weeks, for the first time ever. It's a XG10358. All previous filters from this engine have come out looking very good.

OG Ultra FPS4967 on the Corolla, regular OG XG4967 on the xB. And OG Ultra XG7317 on the son's K24 '07 Accord (not many of those left in the stash, the XG7317 is long gone in the wild), And 3 fairly ancient Purolator Synthetic PSL22500s to try on the Express-from the good old days of wire backing, 99%@25 microns, and and sandy blue paint!

OG Ultra FPS4967 on the Corolla, regular OG XG4967 on the xB. And OG Ultra XG7317 on the son's K24 '07 Accord (not many of those left in the stash, the XG7317 is long gone in the wild), And 3 fairly ancient Purolator Synthetic PSL22500s to try on the Express-from the good old days of wire backing, 99%@25 microns, and and sandy blue paint!
try local AAP’s. i found 2 more OG wire backed 7317’s today.

I’m running OG Fram Ultra XG2 on my TRX and Charger Red Eye. So far so good! Keeps the oil cleaner than the AC Delco filters I am running on my GM vehicles.

Back