Wiper Blades..

Status
Not open for further replies.
Absolutely! With my garage queens I have had original wipers last for over 5 years!

I don't think that will happen much up North in the frozen tundra...

Originally Posted By: Char Baby
It's that bitter cold where one can see the difference in wiper blades performance.

For sure. While I've noticed differences in blades even in summer performance, at least with the old Audi which was picky about blades, the biggest difference is always in the winter. With the old F-150, any newish blade thrown at it works very well without much complaint.

A lot is vehicle dependent, and weather is a huge one, too. It's hard to complain about a wiper you're not using thanks to great weather!
wink.gif

Originally Posted By: DBMaster
^^Tripledge use to be sold at Wally World for about $7. Jamak even made them in the USA at the time. You can still buy them online. I found them to have a lifespan of about three years, and that was for cars kept outdoors. They would not wipe cleanly on my old Honda, but I used them on others' vehicles.

I've noticed similar life-span and on the Honda as well, if you don't keep the windows clean the silicone perhaps helps 'smear' any residue. So, definitely keeping windows clean helps there but the lifespan is a great trade off. I'm gonna buy them again.

When I was on a road trip we got some at a great price at Menards. Wish I had one of those down south.

Bought a set of Michelin blades at Wally World for $15.XX and they work well. No streaks and good even contact. Nuthin' fancy they just work.

Originally Posted By: mcshooter
http://www.raineater.com/ absolutely the best i have ever used. in the ohio weather which eats them

I spoke with the owner/president of this company, and they are SERIOUS about wiper blades!!

They put a lot of R&D into both the rubber compounds used, AND the designs of the blade/frame/'beam' themselves.

He told me that currently their blade components are manufactured in Korea, and then final assembled in Sinoland, BUT, he claimed that by next summer, they plan on bringing ALL manufacturing AND assembly back to upstate, Erie-area, Pennsyltuckey!
cool.gif
34.gif

They are looking more and more like my next (and forever) sets of wipers.
wink.gif

Originally Posted By: dailydriver
Originally Posted By: mcshooter
http://www.raineater.com/ absolutely the best i have ever used. in the ohio weather which eats them

I spoke with the owner/president of this company, and they are SERIOUS about wiper blades!!

They put a lot of R&D into both the rubber compounds used, AND the designs of the blade/frame/'beam' themselves.

He told me that currently their blade components are manufactured in Korea, and then final assembled in Sinoland, BUT, he claimed that by next summer, they plan on bringing ALL manufacturing AND assembly back to upstate, Erie-area, Pennsyltuckey!
cool.gif
34.gif

They are looking more and more like my next (and forever) sets of wipers.
wink.gif

If the do bring manufacturing back to the USA, I will try them, and if they are good will keep buying them.

Here's what I've learned about wiper blades. Buy the cheapest ones you find and replace them every year.

We get heat, cold, rain, snow, and ice, and I've never had anything last more than a year, no matter if I spend $5 or $35 per blade.

Over the years, the only ones I've found to work well are OEM or OEM style armature blades. Simply replace the rubber inserts (sometimes called refills) when they are worn. Used to be you could get Pylon branded inserts from Walmart, but now you pretty much need to go OE.

Despite clogging with snow and ice in the winter, I still find these better, and simply remove ice and snow build up regularly.

Any of the gimmick blades, standard aftermarket (not designed to be OE style) or beam type I've used have never performed well when moving faster than city speeds. I won't even bother with something else anymore.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back