wiper blade "ritual"

Status
Not open for further replies.
Wipers vary in performance depending on such things are windshield shape and the kind of ROAD CRUD splattering the glass. Best blades I ever had were anything cheap and handy for a VW Bug with an absolutely flat windsceen. I probably haven't been happy with wipers since I sold that car.

Last edited:
Originally Posted By: KrisZ
1. Buy the cheapest blades called "precise fit" or something like that that I know work for me.
2. Enjoy the quiet and streak free operation for the next 2 years or so.
3. Repeat 1 and 2.

Trico Exact Fit Wipers. I just replaced all the wipers with these on 3 vehicles, 2 are SUVs so also the rear wipers. Very happy with them. Easy install and so far they work well.
I had the beam style wipers and it wasn't easy removing a couple of them. If these Exact fit wipers stay good for the winter, I'll just stick to using them. Cheaper than the beam style to. Just to check, I removed and re-installed a couple of them and it was easy on/off.
I don't know how long they will last, but I replace the wipers every year, sometimes some get a second replacement depending on conditions & usage.

I managed to get some wiper-blade rubber refills from Toyota, which seem to be hard to find these days. They are longer than mine, but all I have to do is to cut them with a razor or scissors and feed them into the wiper blade.

Wiper rubber refills = no waste, easiet installation, exact OEM fit, maximum performance, you get to use your favorite blades for many years, best of all worlds

Too bad that OEM rubber refills are harder to find these days.

RFO, when I need wipers, the first place I look is at Ocean State Job Lots
grin2.gif

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back