wiper blade recommendations

Hi all,
It's time for new wiper blades on my 2018 Chevy Equinox. I've heard things about Bosch Icons but can't find both sizes I need. I'm looking at the Rain X AdventEdge and the Trico Ultra wipers. What are your thoughts on these options?
Thanks!
If you live in the snow belt like I do where the ice cuts the rubber and salt rots it during winter no matter what the price range I've started using this 3 dollar brand and replace them every spring. Always nice to have new blades every year

I usually go with the rain-x at Walmart but for the last year or so, they just haven’t lasted, or done the job. They streak. They leave this steak like film on my windshield. Drives me crazy. Two sets now.

I‘ll be trying one of the other brands I keep seeing popping up on this thread next, maybe Bosch or Trico.

I’ve been putting the Trico Ultra on my families fleet for over a year now. They are between 8-10 dollars a blade on Rockauto and are made in the USA. I can get wiper blades for 4 vehicles for what the local auto part stores want for 1.

I haven’t had great success with the Bosch Icons. They always seem to leave a 1” smear where the connector goes.

I drive a 2018 Subaru Forester. Got 3 years out of the original wiper blades. Never had a set last that long!

So I decided to buy originals from the Subaru dealer for replacement.

For some reason, these suck and are not the quality of the factory blades!:mad:

I’ve been putting the Trico Ultra on my families fleet for over a year now. They are between 8-10 dollars a blade on Rockauto and are made in the USA. I can get wiper blades for 4 vehicles for what the local auto part stores want for 1.

I haven’t had great success with the Bosch Icons. They always seem to leave a 1” smear where the connector goes.
Just ordered a pair of Trico Ultras to try out. The Icons i have on right now are shot.Thanks. The pair shipped is less than 1 wiper blade at the parts store.

Thanks all for your responses! Since I can get the Trico Ultras for $7 and $10 a blade on Rockauto, I'll probably give those a shot.

NWB’s basic framed blades are very good. They were OE on Honda/Toyota’s 15-20 years ago.

I recently learned that the Denso conventional blades are NWB’s. They average $15/pair from Rockauto.

FE3C3BA8-93FA-42F5-BC5C-489F971C1A2E.jpeg

6FDB8EDF-B363-4AF9-8E52-937492CFB36B.jpeg

On a related note, I bought a few of the Trico Ultras and was not impressed. The wiping performance, even when new, was not as good as aged NWB’s.

I’m pretty sure the oem blades with my f150 were by valeo, and they were excellent. The top rain-x blades skipped and chattered crazy and were quickly removed. Bosch icons have been reliable for me, maybe half a step behind the valeo.

Too many issues getting after market wiper blades to fit the glass exactly and/or make noises as they wipe the windshield so I just bite the bullet and get OEM factory Toyota wiper refills, they're pretty much the same price as after market ones anyway with much less hassle.

Hi all,
It's time for new wiper blades on my 2018 Chevy Equinox. I've heard things about Bosch Icons but can't find both sizes I need. I'm looking at the Rain X AdventEdge and the Trico Ultra wipers. What are your thoughts on these options?
Thanks!
I find that dealer wipers have the cleanest wipe and last the longest on my Chevy.b

Anyone tried Bosch Insight? They're a hybrid wiper blade and don't seem to be in stores around me anymore. I found them on carid.com, but curious if anyone has given them a shot?

I installed a set of Trico Force Beam wiper blades on my 07 F150 in December 2020 and they're still wiping like brand new. No noise from them at all and always a clear clean wipe of the windshield.

OE(which is NWB Japan for Japanese or Korean cars, Trico or Valeo for the Detroit 3 and either Bosch or Valeo for European cars), then Denso/Trico aftermarket, Bosch aftermarket and Valeo aftermarket.

I’ve had hit or miss with Bosch, Trico and Valeo. Denso aftermarket is NWB Korea or Japan depending on the blade. After having a Costco blade fly off at speed, never again unless it’s a car with “normal” hook or pin arms.

Too many issues getting after market wiper blades to fit the glass exactly and/or make noises as they wipe the windshield so I just bite the bullet and get OEM factory Toyota wiper refills, they're pretty much the same price as after market ones anyway with much less hassle.
Yep, European and Japanese cars have complex curves for their windshields. Some parts stores carry Bosch AeroTwins or Valeo’s SWF line for those. Still made in China, Mexico or Indonesia. Bosch used to make blades in Belgium. No more.

Have the Rain-X pre-curved on my Equinox and Silverado. They work really well in rain and snow ... no matter the temp. :)

I usually go with the rain-x at Walmart but for the last year or so, they just haven’t lasted, or done the job. They streak. They leave this steak like film on my windshield. Drives me crazy. Two sets now.

I‘ll be trying one of the other brands I keep seeing popping up on this thread next, maybe Bosch or Trico.
I've found that a few swipes with a cotton cloth soaked in regular isopropyl alcohol cleans the blades really well. Use a garage cloth because they will turn black! :)

Back