Winter Tires for SF Bay Area - Lake Tahoe Weekend Warrior

Status
Not open for further replies.
Originally Posted by SubLGT
If ice traction is not the highest priority, and you will not use the tire year round, an alternative to an all-weather tire is a V speed rated or W speed rated performance winter tire. One of the best is the Continental TS860 (not for sale in the USA unfortunately).

If you want an idea about warm weather performance of winter tires, look at Nov (or Oct?) 2018 issue of Consumer Reports. Their tests of dry braking, wet braking, and handling are done under warm conditions, even for winter tires.

Is a performance winter tire even available in the 225/70r16 size?

Hi Again

OP here.

So boiling it all down I believe its best for me to stay away from winter (40F and below) tires in my application.

My new plan is to run an All Season 3PMSF tire like the Goodyear Assurance WeatherReady

Tire Rack currently has $200 off a set of 4.

Originally Posted by tiredguy
Hi Again

OP here.

So boiling it all down I believe its best for me to stay away from winter (40F and below) tires in my application.

My new plan is to run an All Season 3PMSF tire like the Goodyear Assurance WeatherReady

Tire Rack currently has $200 off a set of 4.

It's only $200 if you buy the tires with a Goodyear Credit Card. Otherwise it's a $100 rebate card. Don't be surprised if you're paying full price on the TireRack shopping cart checkout.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back