Windshield covers

Status
Not open for further replies.
Has anybody used windshield covers to reduce winter ice/snow/whatever problems? The wife is being forced into the driveway this winter as well as the fact that will be my paid-on-call vehicle, so it would be nice to reduce windshield clearing times, although I'm pretty sure we'd live either way.

Just curious if anybody who has used these could comment on what brand/model and how well it worked?

Originally Posted By: DNVDMAX
I use a bed sheet in the winter. Take it off, give a good snap, fold it, and drive away with a clean windshield.

Nice!

I have used a big sheet of cardboard, but will use a sheet from now on; no sense buying one IMO with other free options.

Last edited:
Originally Posted By: DNVDMAX
I use a bed sheet in the winter.

I've done that, or used covers specially designed for it, since they're a little easier to deal with. I don't even remember what brand I had. It was inexpensive and it worked.

Thin vinyl with cotton backing. Each side has a plastic rod embedded to keep cover on windshield. Use it when parking at our local airport. After being parked at the exposed location, with temps going down to -25F, the cover works well. you can position it to cover the wipers which saves a lot of time trying to unstick and deice them.

I use a bath mat, the rubber backing keeps it from sliding down the windshield and it's heavy enough that the wind doesn't blow it off.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back