Windows update keeps failing

Status
Not open for further replies.
I am currently on vacation and can't ask the experts at the puzzle palace for advice. I am unable to install the latest update on my Dell desktop.

Currently installed: Windows 10 Version 1803 Build 17134.228

I want to install the 2018-11 Cumulative Update Windows 10 1803 (KB4467702)

All my attempts of installing this update have failed. I get Error code (0x80073712).

After some installation attempts I do not get an error code but a message that says the updates were not installed because the computer was turned off. This is incorrect because I was sitting there all the time with the computer running.

1. I ran sfc /scannow
No integrity violations were found

2. I reset the Windows Update History (ran a .bat as administrator)
3. I ran Troubleshooter and rebuild the Windows Database

4. I ran wu170509dagcab as administrator
Deleted updates and downloaded again

5. I ran the DISM tool:
C:\WINDOWS\system32>DISM.exe /Online /Cleanup-image /Restorehealth
Deployment Image Servicing and Management tool
Version: 10.0.17134.1
Image Version: 10.0.17134.228
[===========================75.6%=========== ]
Error: 0x800f081f
The source files could not be found.
Use the "Source" option to specify the location of the files that are required to restore the feature. For more information on specifying a source location, see http://go.microsoft.com/fwlink/?LinkId=243077
The DISM log file can be found at C:\WINDOWS\Logs\DISM\dism.log
C:\WINDOWS\system32>

The article that shows in the link is old. How do I proceed, presuming I am on the right track?

When you say "deleted updates", is that going to windows/softwaredistribution/downloads and deleting everything in that folder? if so, good. If not, that usually fixes my issues when the cumulative updates don't install. This seems to happen every month on every Win10 machine I maintain.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back