Windows 7 - I'm impressed!

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'm running Build 7077 and compared to my Vista Ultimate (with all the Aero turned off), it's much faster.

I thought I had some issues with W7's wireless network, but it turned out to be a problem with my Cox Cable.

The most obvious thing for me is that photos/thumbnails are rendered much, MUCH faster than Vista, though still not as fast as XP.

I'm so impressed with W7, I'm using it as my primary OS over Vista on the same laptop.

Uses vista drivers without a hitch. its a very rock solid OS even in its current form. And you are right, its what vista should have been but soon enough we will have it in our hands.

Did Microsoft already mention what it's going to cost to migrate to W7 for someone who bought a PC with Vista preinstalled (OEM)?

What about from XP (OEM)?

I have heard nothing but good stuff about Windows 7. I can hardly wait for it to come out. I have been using Windows Vista and Vista works very good for me but if Windows 7 is faster than great!

Does anybody know when Windows 7 is likely to come out? I have heard that it may come out in 2009 maybe sometime in the last 6 months or so.

Windows 7 WILL be out in 2009. The channel needs to be filled by mid-November for the Christmas season. Now subtract 90 days. It will be available by Labor Day at the latest.

Cool. Another OS I won't buy. Vista, still working great for me after 2 years. But, I will be due for a new PC..........
LOL.gif

Originally Posted By: Pablo
Cool. Another OS I won't buy. Vista, still working great for me after 2 years. But, I will be due for a new PC..........
LOL.gif

Vista's been out for 2 years already? Didn't realize that.

Originally Posted By: ToyotaNSaturn
Vista was released January 30th, 2007. Don't you remember??!?!?! LOL

Everyone remembers when Win95 came out, but Vista? Only the who couldn't get XP on Feb 1, 2007....

Here's a wrap of the new & improved features of Vista:
http://www.theonion.com/content/infograph/microsoft_vista_released
:)

I think the 4,391 security flaws number is a big low.
I purchased a entry level Compaq a few weeks after Vista came out (because I had to) and I've regretted it ever since.
Vista on a more powerful machine is tolerable and it does have a few features that XP does not.

Last edited:
Again the usual. XP crashes for me, Vista doesn't.

I truly hope Windows 7 is more stable than XP. I could give a [censored] what the interface looks like between the two, although with my widescreen monitor I really dig the side bar tools. So again, winner Vista.

Sorry boys, I couldn't give a rat what the computer nerds/mags say.

Is there a reliable source of W7 download anywhere? Microsoft no longer offers it, and I'm a bit uneasy about getting it from a source such as bit torrent.

I'm waiting for Windows 7, USB 3 to come out before I upgrade plus 6 months when the prices drop.

Originally Posted By: Quattro Pete
Is there a reliable source of W7 download anywhere? Microsoft no longer offers it, and I'm a bit uneasy about getting it from a source such as bit torrent.

May 5 I think MS will do a public release RC1 of W7

Last edited by a moderator:
Originally Posted By: Quattro Pete

If you have a legit product key from MS from being a beta tester, I can send you build 7000...

Thanks, but I was asking for the product, not the product key. :) Anyway, I think I will wait. For now, all my PCs are running fine, and if it ain't broke, don't fix it.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back