Windows 11

I recently installed Windows 11 on my old computer. It had passed the Win 11 check only for memory and hard drive size. Cpu and other parameters failed. There is a free download program called "RUFUS" that will allow installation, basically on any computer. Mine runs really well on Win 11, which proves the stated requirements to install Win 11 are not really based on performance, but profits.

To me each windows upgrade just means more layers of crud to drill through to make an adjustment. I just down loaded Win 11 to g t used to is because my laptop is starting to fall apart.

I recently installed Windows 11 on my old computer. It had passed the Win 11 check only for memory and hard drive size. Cpu and other parameters failed. There is a free download program called "RUFUS" that will allow installation, basically on any computer. Mine runs really well on Win 11, which proves the stated requirements to install Win 11 are not really based on performance, but profits.
No need for RUFUS just follow the simple instructions in the video, post#44 in this thread.

To me each windows upgrade just means more layers of crud to drill through to make an adjustment. I just down loaded Win 11 to g t used to is because my laptop is starting to fall apart.
I feel the same way about it. I have had W11 on one laptop for over a year just so I could get used to it. No dramatic differences in performance but more obfuscation compared to W10..

Last edited:
Have lived life without 11, and will continue to until more info on whatever amalgamation 12 will be.

Windows 11 requirements are not just for "performance" but security as well, this is why TPM 2.0 is required. Also because of you running Windows 11 on outdated hardware that do not meet the requirements you may not receive updates.

TPMS 1.2 Processor 3.00 Gigahertz Intel Core i5-4590S, 16Gg memory, 120 GB SSHD. Secure boot disabled. I am getting updates. I think RUFUS eliminates any tag showing the computer is not approved. The way I used RUFUS is I downloaded an WIN 11 ISO and RUFUS modified the ISO to eliminate any checks, then it burned the ISO on a thumb drive. I installed WIN 11 with the thumb drive. I had to change the partitions from MBR to something else (using the command mode, you can google how to do that) and I needed my MS password. The new operating system runs just as fast as a similar computer I have that runs Linux Mint.

As can been seen here doing it the way the guy says, I kept all files, programs and folders and it updates seamlessly.

win 10 11 updates.jpg

People didn't want to upgrade from XP to 7. Then the same thing from 7 to 10. Now 10 to 11. Change is hard I guess? Win11 isn't really that different from 10.

TPMS 1.2 Processor 3.00 Gigahertz Intel Core i5-4590S, 16Gg memory, 120 GB SSHD. Secure boot disabled. I am getting updates. I think RUFUS eliminates any tag showing the computer is not approved. The way I used RUFUS is I downloaded an WIN 11 ISO and RUFUS modified the ISO to eliminate any checks, then it burned the ISO on a thumb drive. I installed WIN 11 with the thumb drive. I had to change the partitions from MBR to something else (using the command mode, you can google how to do that) and I needed my MS password. The new operating system runs just as fast as a similar computer I have that runs Linux Mint.

From MBR to GPT. Rufus allows MBR but it's unchecked by default. I use Rufus when making ISOs for the company.

Last edited:
I just installed Win11 on a cheapie Walmart computer I've had sitting around for a few years that I no longer use much because 10 never ran right and I figured I had nothing to lose. I ran a script that stopped the installer from checking to see if the computer had the guts necessary for 11 (it didnt) but with the script running it installed fine and it does get updates and the computer runs 100% better than it ever did on 10.

Back