Window Cleaning ???

Status
Not open for further replies.
I have dedicated car towels which are washed then rinsed in vinegar water. This by theory should remove the soap and other junk present in detergents.
I usually use Invisible Glass for cleaning which isn't bad, but when driving into the sun you can see a film left behind. I've tried a final polishing with a MF towel, newspaper, and plain cotton towels all with no joy.
What tricks or products do you guys use to combat this problem?
Thanks

Smoky

Last edited:
I used several different types of glass cleaners, and all sorts of towels, newspaper, etc.... and still had that same film.

I finally wiped the glass dry with a micro fiber towel.

That's all it took for me. Not sure why it isn't working for you. Is there/has there been a smoker in the car?

Invisible glass, followed by a fresh dry towel, followed by a DRY paper towel (blue shop towels work great). If I leave off that last step, I always see a film but a dry paper towel takes it away.

I have found that a waffle weave microfiber towel works best on glass. The textured surface works better than any of the premium mf towels I own. I also use Sprayway window cleaner, safe for tint too.

Wow, I guess I'm lucky enough to not have such issues cleaning glass. Let's not make it not rocket science. Women have been cleaning for years and will have another reason to laugh at us.
smile.gif

I have a feeling that perhaps if you are having streaking issues after using different products, that makes me think that there is still something on the glass that hasn't been removed causing the streaking.

I have the issue myself. Tried microfiber towles, paper towels, and different cleaners. What ended up working for me was a magic eraser and hot water followed by blue shop towels.

Normally I just use Stoner Invisible Glass and a clean microfiber cloth for automotive glass. However, once I bought a used '96 Chevy 2500 pickup that was previously owned by a heavy smoker. The inside of the windshield seemed to have a film that was impervious to my cleaning efforts. Then I tried making a thin paste out of Bon Ami cleanser with water, and used it with a sponge to scrub the inside of the windshield. I jammed towels into the base of the windshield so no liquid would run down. After scrubbing I rinsed with a wet sponge, and followed up with regular glass cleaner. Success!

Originally Posted By: Bgallagher
Originally Posted By: SF0059
Sprayway with a microfiber cloth. Just be sure to buff it until completely dry.

+1

+2

Clean the windshield with Sprayway using a disposable shop towel. Depending upon how dirty the windshield was, I may repeat this. Then, follow up with a light application of Sprayway, and using a microfiber towel, polish the windshield to a perfect, streak free clean.

I spent a lot of time trying different products, including Invisible Glass, Eagle One, RainX glass cleaner, and none of them left my windshield streak free. Once I started using Sprayway, I read and followed the instructions on the can for my final cleaning. And I couldn't be happier. Perfect results every time.

Last edited:
Sprayway is good.

Surf City Garage works better though. You won't know it until you try it.
smile.gif
No, I have no affiliation to then.

I just took a quick look at WM site and they list a couple Sprayway glass cleaners. One is $4.50 and the other is $3.+.
Is there a difference between the two, and which one do I want?

Thanks again

Smoky

Originally Posted By: Smoky14
I just took a quick look at WM site and they list a couple Sprayway glass cleaners. One is $4.50 and the other is $3.+.
Is there a difference between the two, and which one do I want?

Thanks again

Smoky

I think they are the same. When I just checked WM, it looks like one of the listings is actually sold and shipped by another company. But, I've never paid over $3.00 for a can, and I get mine at a Walmart brick and mortar.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back