Winchester Model 25

Status
Not open for further replies.
Gents,

I inherited one of these and it no longer fires (some issue in the trigger group I think). I had wanted to send it to Winchester to have it repaired and "refreshed", but I see that Winchester has (more or less) stopped doing this and recommends a few shops.

This shotgun is VERY valuable to me in many ways, so I wonder if anyone is aware of a shop that specializes in Winchester Model 25's?

TIA!

A shop specializing in that wouldn't do much business. Try someone who does model 12 s. They are closely related.

Talk to local shooters or gun shops to see if there is a quality gunsmith in your area who has a good reputation.

Any good gunsmith can probably fix your problem. Go to a gun shop, a real gun shop and they should be able to help you out.

That is sad to hear about Winchester gunsmiths.

From when I was a very little boy they used to pride themselves in taking in your old and broken, and lovingly fixing it up.

I would go to the local shooting range and talk to some people there to get a good reference on a gunsmith.

They are always modding and hopping stuff up, and there are still a few artisans around, but hard to find.

Originally Posted By: Falken
That is sad to hear about Winchester gunsmiths.

From when I was a very little boy they used to pride themselves in taking in your old and broken, and lovingly fixing it up.

I would go to the local shooting range and talk to some people there to get a good reference on a gunsmith.

They are always modding and hopping stuff up, and there are still a few artisans around, but hard to find.

My grandfather passed two model 12's to my uncle and he sent them to Winchester in the 70s for some small repair on each one and (unbeknownst to him) they completely went through them including rebluing at no charge. He was amazed at the "new" condition of them upon their return and contacted Winchester and tried to pay them for the work. They would not accept saying that guns from their "early days" warranted such attention and they were happy to do the work.

Sad to say, those times and that level of customer service are long gone. Since this shotgun was passed to me from my Dad, I would not trust just anyone to work on it and will have to check into the shop that Winchester's site recommended.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back