Will this mix work?

Status
Not open for further replies.
All I have left in my stash is 5 qts of M1 15-50 EP, and 3 qts of havoline synthetic 10-30.

Engine is Jeep 4.0 reman with 10K on the clock. OCI will be roughtly 5K/6 months.

Climate is southern IL, so its getting warmer and will get into the 100+ range this summer.

Filter is Wix oversize.

Was thinking 3 of the 10-30 havoline syn and 3 M1 15-50ep... wondering if that may be too thick, or a bad mix.

Any other suggestions of thoughts? maybe I should just go and buy a 5 qt jug and top off with 1 of the stash quarts.

I'd just buy one more quart of M1 15W-50, and do a full change with that. Yeah, its a bit on the thick side, BUT in the summer, with a Jeep 4.0, it won't hurt at all.

I'd do that, and save the 10W-30 for the winter. It will work well there.

If I was in TX or something like that, I wouldnt hesitate to run straight 15-50, for some reason I am a little leary about here though. We will still get some cooler days between now and all hot weather.

Any other ideas out there?

Originally Posted By: addyguy
15W-50 M1 has very, very good cold-flow properties for such a thick oil - its actually closer to being a 10W-50. People on this site have reported usng it down to -20 w/o problem. Check this thread for reference:

http://www.bobistheoilguy.com/forums/ubb...true#Post123224

Hmmm, thanks for the link. Guess I could go any route then with either mixing or straight... choices, choices...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back