Will the USPS pick up my Blackstone package?

supposedly the new labels (envelope) speed delivery. who knows. I'm driving so little I have not needed to submit a sample.

WOW. Real good article that I am certain would not surprise most folks. This country, this government, this world is just getting too big and too complicated , too crowded to allow most things to keep working as they always have. There are also far too many in our population who simply do not give a ****ed about going to work let alone doing a good / quality job. I also looked real good at the Blackstone OSA report and it is very detailed and provides a lot of valuable information. Oh well. Look forward to sending some samples off to Amsoil and to Blackstone. I am thinking of sending each one a sample of the exact same oil to see the difference if any that I get from their findings. Its a test so why not compare and see how close these two are if at all? I noticed the new Blackstone kits I have are pretty impressive compared to some from years back. Plenty room for info on the card and really good packaging kit with a TYVEK envelope which is water / tear proof. Long long ago I worked for a company that produced TYVEK. We even used to have to wear TYVEK "space suits" to work on some equipment. Machines that had chemical residue still on them even after cleaning for safety / health reasons.

Last edited:
supposedly the new labels (envelope) speed delivery. who knows. I'm driving so little I have not needed to submit a sample.
I drive so very little these days myself. The wife only drives 14 miles round trip to work Mon - Fri. I mainly just want to get a base line on her car due to that type of engine she has which is a 1.5 Di Turbo. First turbo Di motor we have owned.

Last edited:
Does anyone just drop their oil samples to blue USPS mailbox used for letters, or do you go to post office in person?

Does anyone just drop their oil samples to blue USPS mailbox used for letters, or do you go to post office in person?
We have a drive up blue mail box at our local post office, but the slot is too narrow for the sample to fit through. So I walk into the post office, pull open the wider drop slot, and drop it in there.

well - my first experience with Blackstone Labs..... Dropped sample in box at USPO first week of February. All filled out properly and in tyvek envelope. I have hear ZERO from them. I am going to blame my disfunctional local area Post Office. No idea if I will ever find out where it ended up.
Just realized. I entered my credit card info for payment and they never charged me ___ so I am pretty sure they never got my sample. Oh well,
will try again and will send one to Amsoil as well since I have some of their kits too.

well - my first experience with Blackstone Labs..... Dropped sample in box at USPO first week of February. All filled out properly and in tyvek envelope. I have hear ZERO from them. I am going to blame my disfunctional local area Post Office. No idea if I will ever find out where it ended up.
Just realized. I entered my credit card info for payment and they never charged me ___ so I am pretty sure they never got my sample. Oh well,
will try again and will send one to Amsoil as well since I have some of their kits too.
Did you write down the tracking number on the envelope? I do this so I know when it is delivered, and if there's a delay, I know where it's stuck.

There have been a few threads on this topic.
Me? I'm careful and I know how to pack things as many here do.
I've mailed off several oil samples. I go up to the service window for anything other than stamped, business sized envelopes. Even then I always post mail in the building.
But, for the life of me, I'm stunned that oil spills along the way haven't happened. It's a testament to how careful "mechanical types" can be, I suppose....or how well the jars seal.

Old oil might not be hazardous or particularly flammable but it sure would make a mess of any adjacent mail.

I always drop my Blackstone sample in the mailbox in the PO parking lot. This last time I used Blackstone’s new folder and mailing label with the black container inside. From Illinois to Fort Wayne Indiana, about 350 miles it took 4 days to reach Blackstone.

well today I mailed my second try and I am sure just by the attitude of the guy behind the counter .... He did not act out or roll his eyes or exhale like I was asking him to carry a two ton rock or anything. I am certain it will arrive. I mailed it the town next to mine 7-8 miles away. The post office where I live has been taken over by people who I would fire the first day on the job if it were my place. There are supposed to be 3-4 on duty at the counter like every other one around. Its a big place compared to others. Most of the times there is ONE on station and a hell of a line. I usually avoid the place. The ONE behind the counter also acts as if they are doing their best to move as slow as possible. Maybe they got a game going to see who can create the longest line.? They greet u with an ugly grunt and not a hello or even a kiss their ___ or got to ____!? For the life of me I can't understand or accept that attitude? You have a good paying job , likely better than most of your customers and probably so many more benefits with retirement and medical. So what is that anger at having to be there and wait on the general public.? A while back I was about to burst a brain blood vessel watching this. Then I calmed myself (I never let them see my frustration as that only slows them down more) so... told myself, cool out, "maybe she could not sleep, maybe she is sick or ill? doesn't feel well yet has to be at work, etc...." Tried to be nice and greeted her with a smile, thanked her for doing her job, said "hope you have a nice day... bla bla... Well, got back in return a blank stare, a grunt and a sigh and then the rolled eyes. So I give up on them. You can see the looks of fatigue and frustration on the faces of the customers in line every time I go in that place. I have moved on to using another Post Office about 8 miles away. Yes yes yes I have finally turned into the grumpy angry old man we used to laugh at as kids and wonder "why are they so loud and angry!?" I accept it now. This is what I have become:

Attachments

• Jerry-Stiller-as-Frank-Costanza-WikiSein.jpg
    Jerry-Stiller-as-Frank-Costanza-WikiSein.jpg
    26.5 KB · Views: 3
Last edited:
Well, just about right. I stumbled upon a long report, explanation from Blackstone Labs about all the problems people were having getting samples thru. They even had a chart of each state in the USA and how long it takes to get thru the USPO to their labs. Well, the fastest was 3 to 4 days. The averages in between went from 4-6 days to 8-12. Of course, I found a 19 day estimate from my location! So, after getting a different package and mailing a 2nd sample yesterday, here I am on day 24 or so and I received my sample results today! :rolleyes: Thought mine was lost in mail.
CATHYS ACCORD-220122 (2)1024_1_LI.jpg

I just take my sample in the package provided by Blackstone to the post office and hand it to the person at the counter. When asked, I say it is a motor oil sample and no not flammable and it goes into the shipping bin. No fibbing, no fuss and away my sample goes. Results back in ~ two weeks. I think it helps to have the post office person approve and handle it. We don't need to make a big production out of this sample task.

I just take my sample in the package provided by Blackstone to the post office and hand it to the person at the counter. When asked, I say it is a motor oil sample and no not flammable and it goes into the shipping bin. No fibbing, no fuss and away my sample goes. Results back in ~ two weeks. I think it helps to have the post office person approve and handle it. We don't need to make a big production out of this sample task.
?? You are lucky. :)The Blackstone Labs chart shows that from your location , YES , you can expect a quick turn around. Some folks state mailings take over 18 days to arrive.

Back