Will GC cause a drop in mpg?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Vad- It's designed for vw, bmw, mercs, and volvo. Obviously it can be used in other engines. Generally it's used for european cars.
A little sensitive are ya vad? Yes i heard that it might quiet down my engine so i tried it. I was told that i may and it did not. My gas mileage has dropped. I said i will switch back to anoter oil. I may not if things improve.
And yes you guys make it sound like it's the best oil ever. If it's not why the **** would you buy hundreds of quarts even though you use extended OCI's. If GC was so widely accepted it would be sold by more than 1 chain in my area.
RELAX! I will not badger your coveted GC no more! Even though i didn't in the first place.

quote:

If GC was so widely accepted it would be sold by more than 1 chain in my area.

It is not widely accepted even here, on this very board because of the Mobil 1 zealots who will immediately try to shove their own supreme oil down on any ill-informed newcomer as like the Mobil 1 is the only "REAL" full synthetic on the market as opposed to the universally hated and despised Group III Castrol Syntec.
The most visitors won't look any further. Why waiste time and read through the forums trying to decifer all the data.
You gotta be really nuts about oil to do that! It's much easier just to follow an advice of the numerous board "veterans" and go with the safe bet - wildly recognized and available Mobil 1.
So if it's happening here what do you expect from an average Joe on the street who won't even consider an oil with "Zero=NO" viscosity.
Do you read the main oil forum?

[ December 22, 2005, 04:13 AM: Message edited by: vad ]

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back