I'm about to join the green GC club!

Status
Not open for further replies.
quote:

Originally posted by ucandoit:

quote:

Before I wax poetic and praise something like this .....she's gotta massage me, rock my world from dusk til dawn, and bring me breakfast and cappuccino in bed!
biggthumbcoffe.gif
You mean your stash doesn't do that for you? Man you must have gotten that stuff on sale then
wink.gif
[/QB]

I bought it in a parking lot. Does that count?

I'm wondering...are you guys doing something with this GC that I don't know about?
pat.gif

Enough joking around for me... I'm sure this is good oil and good fun to be part of this bitog forum of oil crazies.

What do you guys think about using the 0W-30 in the old BMW 325es?

I've seen HTHS numbers of 3.45 to 3.6 for GC....does anyone know the NOACK evaporation loss numbers [ 1 hr at 250C ] ?

I may run the GC in the BMW for the winter.. but I'm not sure if its right for the older BMW motor. I may stick with Redline 5W-40 or 10W-40 just to be safe.

I might save the GC for the 2005 Subaru Outbacks at 7K OCI's, and continue to run M1 0W-20 in the 2004 Honda Element and RL xW-40 in the 1986 BMW 325es.

Well ... club , cult, or forum it is pretty quiet around here.

I'd sure like to learn more about this highly praised green GC.

I am thinking that GC will be a good and versatile oil in the 2005 Outbacks..since GC is a 'thick' 0W-30, and should work when a 5W-30 is preferred, and still work when a thicker oil is required.

Do the GC experts here think GC is too thick for the Honda Element running Mobil 1 0W-20?

And, could GC be too thin for the 1986 BMW 325es running Redline 10W-40?

pscholte, who I presume is an GC maven and enthusiastic fan opined:

"I will be shocked if it is anything other than fantastic in both those vehicles"

But I have yet to see much to prove that GC 0W-30 is the right viscosity for the old and high mileage M20 motor..no matter how well maintained.

I only have the 50 quarts of GC so if I can run 7K to 10K intervals that will last me 70K to 100K of driving between the two 2005 Outbacks.

quote:

Originally posted by Thatwouldbegreat:

pscholte, who I presume is an GC maven and enthusiastic fan opined:

"I will be shocked if it is anything other than fantastic in both those vehicles"

I stand by my opining.
grin.gif

quote:

But I have yet to see much to prove that GC 0W-30 is the right viscosity for the old and high mileage M20 motor..no matter how well maintained.

It is sensible and reasonable for you to seek proof of concept; however, since specific test results matching GC to that application probably don't exist, you have to take your chances...or trust the opining of the Alt Elfe Meister (and on the reliability of that issue you will have to make up your own mind)
grin.gif
cheers.gif

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back