Wife nailed a pothole, tire shot

Status
Not open for further replies.
Anyone able to get DT to pricematch competitors price and still give the $100 off 4 tire promo?

That's what they let me do 4 yrs ago. But now they are saying no.

Originally Posted By: Brybo86
Anyone able to get DT to pricematch competitors price and still give the $100 off 4 tire promo?

That's what they let me do 4 yrs ago. But now they are saying no.

I hear no & that's only fair. I am sure they are losing money on some of the promotional deals. I made money flipping several of their deals on craigslist when I ultimately didn't need the tires or the tire/wheel set.

I would replace them with the DWS since you like them. Then I would sell the 3 good used tires on Craigslist. Ought to be able to subsidize your new price nicely.

Well. Look at the bright side, at least she didn't nail something else
wink.gif

Brybo86
This to me is a no brainer with 50k miles on the tires, as I always default on the side of Safety.
Replace all 4 tires
Replace the original TPMS sensors
Sell your take offs on Craigslist

Originally Posted By: motor_oil_madman
Was this in a parking lot? How fast was she going? I'm surprised the tire didn't get ripped off.

No , on a city street. Going 30mph

Originally Posted By: Rand
could always go with dws06 if you liked the DWS

I'll have to check them out

Originally Posted By: Crusher
Brybo86
This to me is a no brainer with 50k miles on the tires, as I always default on the side of Safety.
Replace all 4 tires
Replace the original TPMS sensors
Sell your take offs on Craigslist
Higher mileage on tires doesn't mean they're unsafe.

I had a VW with over 60k miles on the tires, they had 6-7/32" tread left.

I would check with the county and city to see if they'll get you a new tire. Once I hit an open manhole cover (county workers had forgotten to put the lid on) and it ruined my rim and tire, county paid the bill.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back