15 Legacy - New Tire Search

Thanks again for all of the suggestions.

I ended up going with the Michelin Cross Climate 2s for $1006 installed from Costco.

They are running a $150 off promotion and I have both their credit card and I’m an executive member. That‘s an additional $20 in points for each.

That is a great price for a set of four 18-inch Michelins installed :)

The low frequency rumble to start kind of scares me with these. We had a set of hydroedges which were OK to start and eventually were horribly loud. I'll be interested to see how they do in the years to come, as they do seem like quite good tires in all aspects.

The low frequency rumble to start kind of scares me with these. We had a set of hydroedges which were OK to start and eventually were horribly loud. I'll be interested to see how they do in the years to come, as they do seem like quite good tires in all aspects.

I feel you. I think Michelin gives you 30 days to try out their tires. If it’s too intrusive I’ll swap them for something else and only be out mounting costs, I think. The problem with that is I don’t know if Costco has any other tires I’d be interested in. I‘ll check again if I have issues with the CC2s.

245/45r18 and 225/50r18 have almost the same sidewall so the size difference shouldnt affect ride very much if choosing identical tires in both sizes.

Question for you, qathermewool...
Did the 18x8.5 STi wheels with ET55 offset cause any clearance issues with suspension components, brake lines, etc?
I am considering a similar wheel set from a '22 WRX for my '22 Lecacy XT. I will likely be mounting 245/45R18's on them.
I am aware that suspension geometry may have changed from one gen to the next, but your feedback would be greatly appreciated!
Many thanks!
- rhodyjoe

Question for you, qathermewool...
Did the 18x8.5 STi wheels with ET55 offset cause any clearance issues with suspension components, brake lines, etc?
I am considering a similar wheel set from a '22 WRX for my '22 Lecacy XT. I will likely be mounting 245/45R18's on them.
I am aware that suspension geometry may have changed from one gen to the next, but your feedback would be greatly appreciated!
Many thanks!
- rhodyjoe

Tire Rack says the 2022 Legacy needs a 50mm offset.

Back